Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

supporting information on a job application Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with a job application.
    I'm trying to apply for a job in a hospital pharmacy for a pharmacy technician. It states that its a good job for newly qualified techs but Im struggling with my supporting information. It has space for 1500 words which is worrying me that I'm not giving enough info.
    Here's what I have so far, if anyone could give me any advise it would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

I am currently working in a community pharmacy as a dispenser where I completed an NVQ level 3 diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences apprenticeship and studied at Sandwell College. I have recently qualified and received my technical certificate and diploma certificate. I would like to extend my knowledge base and learn new skills and I think that this role would give me the opportunity to do this as I am keen to progress within this field. I am a capable and hard working individual and pay close attention to detail and accuracy as needed in this area and although I have limited experience I feel it wouldn’t take me long to develop the necessary skills needed.
    I am a compassionate person and value any interactions with patients, their represenatives or healthcare proffesional and approach any situation in a calm and composed manner while maintaining a degree of proffesionalism, insuring that the information I am giving is well understood and asking a colleague or pharmacist to step in and help if I feel that the patient needs more support.

I would greatly appreciate a chance to prove to you that I am the person you are looking for to fill the position in your business.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traceymh2016)
    I can't be sure without seeing the form, but it sounds like it is the equivalent of the covering letter. In which case they want to know why you want to do this sort of work, why you want to work with this organisation, and what your 3 strongest skills are (ie why you'd be good at the job)

In terms of style, what you have written there, although possibly true, is just a list of claims, with no evidence. You have to give examples of when you have done these things, so for example for compassion you might mention when you prescribed to some particularly vulnerable group of patients and how you adapted your style. You can't just say 'I can do this' you have to say 'I can do this, for example I did it here'.

ReputationRep:
    OK many thanks. Your advice is very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traceymh2016)
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with a job application.
    I'm trying to apply for a job in a hospital pharmacy for a pharmacy technician. It states that its a good job for newly qualified techs but Im struggling with my supporting information. It has space for 1500 words which is worrying me that I'm not giving enough info.
    Here's what I have so far, if anyone could give me any advise it would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

I am currently working in a community pharmacy as a dispenser where I completed an NVQ level 3 diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences apprenticeship and studied at Sandwell College. I have recently qualified and received my technical certificate and diploma certificate. I would like to extend my knowledge base and learn new skills and I think that this role would give me the opportunity to do this as I am keen to progress within this field. I am a capable and hard working individual and pay close attention to detail and accuracy as needed in this area and although I have limited experience I feel it wouldn’t take me long to develop the necessary skills needed.
    I am a compassionate person and value any interactions with patients, their represenatives or healthcare proffesional and approach any situation in a calm and composed manner while maintaining a degree of proffesionalism, insuring that the information I am giving is well understood and asking a colleague or pharmacist to step in and help if I feel that the patient needs more support.

I would greatly appreciate a chance to prove to you that I am the person you are looking for to fill the position in your business.
    Threeport drift has nailed the main problem. Ideally you need to go through the person specification and demonstrate that you meet the main points on it by giving an example for each.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.