Is RS A level different to the GCSE? Watch

ethistu7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I really love the debate side of things and my GCSE predicted grade last year was A*, however this year I've gone down slightly as I can't seem to cope with the exam structures (I'm with edexcel also). It's the rigid structure of 'you must do four brief answers' that I don't get along with, I'd rather write essays and explain theories and balanced arguments in a bit of a more loose way like you do in English etc. The content isn't an issue - it's the GCSE structure I hate. Does this change at A level, as I'm considering doing philosophy and ethics? Thank you!
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The questions are longer more essay based than GCSE. GCSE is significantly easy compared to a level RS or philosophy, which isn't about your personal opinions or bible quotes any more it's about philosophical theories, ethics and philosophers themselves.
I'd suggest Philosophy over RS as it's really interesting and challenging. Its a 2,5,9 and 15 marker which is really good considering how hard the actual spec is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads