Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to pick my GCSE subjects very soon. I have been told what subjects are compulsory in my school (English, Maths, Science,R.E. short course, ICT) and then we get to choose 4 other subjects. But as the GCSEs are changinb this year you have to put 6 choices and you should get your top 4 and the timetaleble is made after. I also found out that you can only get streamed into Double Award Science and Single Award Science that they don't offer Triple Science (in my school), which is kind of disappointing as I wanted to do Triple (I am hoping to work in the Science/Technology sector) Is there any way I can do Triple Science? I am also unsure of what extra subjects I want to take as I would like to do modern language (French and Spanish), Technology, Art, Business studies (I'm not sure what though), Space Science (isn't technically a GCSE but still counts) and maybe Motor Vechile Studies (which is a newer one in my school)
    Also would I be able to not do R.E. short course and replace it with another subject I am very keen on?

ReputationRep:
    Being the only person in my year that is doing Triple Science, you could ask your science teacher/s if you can do Triple Science. They can best advise you on whether it's a good idea or not. My teacher said there are some cons to doing Triple Science, though:

1) You have to do a lot of the work in your own time and on your own.
    2) You have extra pressure put on you as there's a whole new syllabus to cover.
    3) Time management is key. You'll have to do an extra controlled assessment as well doing the syllabus in your lunch and free's.

But there are plus sides to it: You learn more about the subject and therefore the subject seems interesting and fun. Plus, you'll know the depth of how things work in B2, C2 and P2, which strengthens the subject.

But you also can get into the Science/ Technology sector by doing Double Award too.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say? Wow. My school offers hardly any subjects - and ICT and RE aren't compulsory for my school, just the basics: science, English and maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiejreid3)
    I have to pick my GCSE subjects very soon. I have been told what subjects are compulsory in my school (English, Maths, Science,R.E. short course, ICT) and then we get to choose 4 other subjects. But as the GCSEs are changinb this year you have to put 6 choices and you should get your top 4 and the timetaleble is made after. I also found out that you can only get streamed into Double Award Science and Single Award Science that they don't offer Triple Science (in my school), which is kind of disappointing as I wanted to do Triple (I am hoping to work in the Science/Technology sector) Is there any way I can do Triple Science? I am also unsure of what extra subjects I want to take as I would like to do modern language (French and Spanish), Technology, Art, Business studies (I'm not sure what though), Space Science (isn't technically a GCSE but still counts) and maybe Motor Vechile Studies (which is a newer one in my school)
    Also would I be able to not do R.E. short course and replace it with another subject I am very keen on?
    I did triple science- and now I am doing a level chemistry and I think triple science definitely helps deepen and stretch your understanding of the subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiejreid3)
    Lol we had to do RE (but the full course) and not many people took it seriously!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.