Calling MATH/Furthermath A/A* students for help

Watch
MaleVip
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello Alevel Math/Furthermath friends on TSR,
I work really hard every single day. I really don't have any social life apart some studying. However, my grades for furthermath and all my subjects are not that good. My moral is has gone so down! I just feel like punching the wall and roaring out my tears away. I really don't know what I am doing wrong.

My MAIN revision is basically doing all the exercises questions and examples in the edxcel book in detail.
I really cant find time doing the past paper, as doing all the exercise takes long.

I humbly, request you to share how you plan/do your revision for math and furthermath!

I am aimming for A/A*
May anyone please help! I desperately need help!
vyyzx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Work through past papers, completely without the use of a mark scheme, and mark afterwards. Every question you didn't get full marks in, identify the topic area and complete some extension questions on this topic. Repeat until your grade is as high as possible! Ultimately, past papers are your best resource as these are actual tests that have been use to grade past students and are likely to be similar to the ones which will be used to grade you- so spare the time!

Good luck!
MaleVip
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by vyyzx)
Work through past papers, completely without the use of a mark scheme, and mark afterwards. Every question you didn't get full marks in, identify the topic area and complete some extension questions on this topic. Repeat until your grade is as high as possible! Ultimately, past papers are your best resource as these are actual tests that have been use to grade past students and are likely to be similar to the ones which will be used to grade you- so spare the time!

Good luck!
Umm..its seems to me you are suggesting to priorities past paper as much as I can. I will, thank you! But dont you think printing a whole paper to do 2 relevant specific question from a paper and doing that again for next set of question is a bit....anit-time-efficient?
Welshstig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MaleVip)
Umm..its seems to me you are suggesting to priorities past paper as much as I can. I will, thank you! But dont you think printing a whole paper to do 2 relevant specific question from a paper and doing that again for next set of question is a bit....anit-time-efficient?
Just look at the paper online and use scrap paper?
Qinge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Go on:
physicsandmathstutor.com
>maths revision
>whichever module you need
>past paper questions by topic
The questions will be either arranged by topic or chapter or both.
I too cannot always find the time to do a whole past paper but just focusing on tackling topics that I struggle with using past questions is super useful.
vyyzx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any practice is never bad practice, you may find you're not as strong at some topics as you thought- at least that's what I had found sometimes
MaleVip
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, guys, I will like to thank you all. I followed this method and it worked miracles.I just ended up with A*AAA Math,FurtherM,Chem,Physic.
Thanks Agian!
Chemgawd99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MaleVip)
Hello Alevel Math/Furthermath friends on TSR,
I work really hard every single day. I really don't have any social life apart some studying. However, my grades for furthermath and all my subjects are not that good. My moral is has gone so down! I just feel like punching the wall and roaring out my tears away. I really don't know what I am doing wrong.

My MAIN revision is basically doing all the exercises questions and examples in the edxcel book in detail.
I really cant find time doing the past paper, as doing all the exercise takes long.

I humbly, request you to share how you plan/do your revision for math and furthermath!

I am aimming for A/A*
May anyone please help! I desperately need help!
Use Examsolutions.com hes the plug. helped me get A* and A in maths and further maths. Prioritise exam papers over textbook questions but be careful not to use too many at one go
xs4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Complete as many textbook questions as you can , then madasmaths questions , then past papers thats what i did lol and i got some decent UMS scores
MaleVip
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My Alevel just finished. Anyway, I will like to thank you for sharing what your knowledge/experience.I followed ths methods that people listed above and it worked miracles.I just ended up with A*AAA Math,FurtherM,Chem,Physic. Thanks Agian!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (8)
19.05%
No one else does (16)
38.1%
I'm embarrassed about my background (4)
9.52%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (12)
28.57%
We don't use a video platform (1)
2.38%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed