How to Revise For Sociology AQA GCSE to get A*

Watch
zmarai123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I don't know how to revise for Sociology , I learn best with flashcards and mind maps but I don't how to learn the content and what to put on my flash card.
I am aiming for an A*

Someone help me please

Thank You
eleanorb1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zmarai123)
I don't know how to revise for Sociology , I learn best with flashcards and mind maps but I don't how to learn the content and what to put on my flash card.
I am aiming for an A*

Someone help me please

Thank You
I sat my GCSE's two years ago and achieved an A* with nearly full marks on all three papers (OCR).

My best tips for revision is definitely learn your sociologists! This is the one thing I feel I was at an advantage with, having made post it nots with the sociologists and what their theories or cases were with the year, I arranged them in colour by what category they fit under, (this being the three modules we covered). For example, all of the sociologists that were to do with Education were on red post-it notes.

Practise time management! With sociology, I also found practising timed conditions for different questions helpful. For the questions worth higher marks I always tried to practise writing them quicker until I found my time management improving.

Also, lastly, know your definitions! Simply getting your friends or family members to test you on definitions will help a lot, because often just defining a 'norm' for example, is worth 1 or 2 marks.

Hope this helps!
zmarai123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
thanks , anything else I should know please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (143)
42.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (71)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.18%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed