Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would is it fine or severely offend men but not risk a million to one shot of offendi Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would is it fine to severely offend men but not risk a million to one shot of offending transgenders.

Society accepts these radical feminist types call men pigs, rape apologists and primative etc, yet at the same time things happen like the Mayor of London suggesting that TfL drops the word male and female, ladies and gentlemen in case it offends transgenders.

I'll tell you why this double standards exists. Progressivism / liberalism / cultural Marxism has been built on these double standards as a war path against what it sees as traditional society. Most people have become indoctrinated by it but don't realise it. They are unaware.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most of what you've put there is so horribly laid out that I can't even dignify it with a response.

ReputationRep:
    There is certainly some truth to what you are saying.

ReputationRep:
    Good heavens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Most of what you've put there is so horribly laid out that I can't even dignify it with a response.
    I have corrected a few errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it's a bit silly for people to stop using words like "men" and "women" simply to avoid offending transgender people, but honestly, nobody's being forced to give up the words, and I doubt many transgender people are offended by the words anyway. The ones that are loudly and vocally offended are the ones you hear about, unfortunately, and they tend to present a less tolerant face for transgenders in general.

If people are being misogynistic, or primitive, or if they're apologising or trying to normalise rape, then they should be called out on it. At the same time, I'm aware that in some cases, accusations in those veins are spurious and unconstructive. Again, it's the spurious, overreaching, and vehement side of feminism that we hear about the most, because it tends to make people angry, which sells copy and attracts clicks.

I am a liberal, and I believe in progress, but I have nothing against tradition. Please understand, I for one am not "on the warpath against traditional society". My guess is that you'd like to think of me as either a staunch, traditional conservative or as a degenerate liberal SJW, but please, please try to imagine me - and everyone here - a little more complexly.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, you'll feel far better if you just ignore the inane ramblings of the political extremes. I really couldn't give a ha'penny jizz whether TfL uses "gender-neutral" announcements or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chuquo2017)
    Would is it fine to severely offend men but not risk a million to one shot of offending transgenders.

Society accepts these radical feminist types call men pigs, rape apologists and primative etc, yet at the same time things happen like the Mayor of London suggesting that TfL drops the word male and female, ladies and gentlemen in case it offends transgenders.

I'll tell you why this double standards exists. Progressivism / liberalism / cultural Marxism has been built on these double standards as a war path against what it sees as traditional society. Most people have become indoctrinated by it but don't realise it. They are unaware.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So much hate. Come here and give me a big hug!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.