Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Before dating I wasn't aware it was such a huge problem..... well thinking about it now 4 out of the 6 girls I've dated (longer than a week) have been sexually assaulted/raped in the past.

Is it really that common or is it just by chance a vast proportion of girls I've dated have been through it. What about other people?

ReputationRep:
    Sadly rape is common at a lot of university campuses.

ReputationRep:
    =(

I hope you've just been unlucky with it (although I know that sounds wrong) and that it isn't actually as prevalent as your sample group would suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Sadly rape is common a lot at university campuses.
    I've seen variants of that sentence around. Are you talking about all universities or American campuses that are supposedly rife with rape? The statistics and suggestions I've seen so far are by and large inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    ....is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    I've seen variants of that sentence around. Are you talking about all universities or American campuses that are supposedly rife with rape? The statistics and suggestions I've seen so far are by and large inaccurate.
    American Campuses(Stanford, Harvard & loads more). I watched The Hunting Ground. The statistics were shown on the documentary. It was really high. Some of the rapes were not reported to the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    ....is it
    Watch The Hunting Ground. :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No it's not.

ReputationRep:
    >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    No it's not.
    Hm How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyItalian)
    Before dating I wasn't aware it was such a huge problem..... well thinking about it now 4 out of the 6 girls I've dated (longer than a week) have been sexually assaulted/raped in the past.

Is it really that common or is it just by chance a vast proportion of girls I've dated have been through it. What about other people?
    these days everything counts as sexual assault, so maybe your stats are right
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hm How do you know?
    Because police figures show that campuses are actually safer than the general public.

How do you know that it is?

ReputationRep:
    I should note that none of the rapes/assaults occurred on a University campus.

ReputationRep:
    American Campuses(Stanford, Harvard & loads more). I watched The Hunting Ground. The statistics were shown on the documentary. It was really high. Some of the rapes were not reported to the university.
    What was the definition of rape used?

ReputationRep:
    Watch The Hunting Ground. :/
    Quick google reveals it was widely criticized for use of inaccurate studies and misrepresentation of statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Because police figures show that campuses are actually safer than the general public.

How do you know that it is?
    USA or UK?

The Hunting Ground

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Quick google reveals it was widely criticized for use of inaccurate studies and misrepresentation of statistics.
    Oh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    USA or UK?

The Hunting Ground
    US.

Here is an official report from the US Department of Justice itself showing that campuses are safer.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf

hezzlington
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hate rapists, it boils my blood that someone would think it's okay to rape and goes forth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    ****ing hate rapists, it boils my blood that someone would think it's okay to rape and goes forth
    Rapists know its wrong...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.