The Student Room Group

Best/most efficient way of achieving A* grades? (A2)

Hey everyone, I was just wondering how some of you people going for the top A/A* grades revise.
Current subjects: Further Maths (Edexcel) - FP2, S3 and M2 this year
Maths (Edexcel) - C3, C4 and M1 this year
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
I managed to get all A's for AS but for some papers, it was borderline and not quite enough for an A*. What I tend to do is I just look over the worked examples in the Pearson Textbooks for Maths and then try past papers. And for the sciences I use the CGP revision notes combined with the class notes. Are there any particular websites or YouTube channels that are worth viewing and checking out? Anyways thanks for reading this.
Original post by Sora729
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how some of you people going for the top A/A* grades revise.
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
I managed to get all A's for AS but for some papers, it was borderline and not quite enough for an A*. What I tend to do is I just look over the worked examples in the Pearson Textbooks for Maths and then try past papers. And for the sciences I use the CGP revision notes combined with the class notes. Are there any particular websites or YouTube channels that are worth viewing and checking out? Anyways thanks for reading this.

I am in year 12, doing almost the same subjects as you.:five:
I am doing Maths A Level this year so C1,C2,C3,C4 , S1 & M1
Chemistry (OCR A)
Physics (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
I am going to do further Maths A level next year and dropping biology.
What would you recommend me to do to get As?
I am using the CGP books but I am not getting the grades for Biology and sometimes chemistry and physics, eventhough they helped to get A*s last year.
Also are you doing the new a level or the old one?
How hard is Further Maths?
Sorry I didn't answer your question, instead I asked more questions!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sora729
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)

Dude do you literally print of every past paper to do 1/2 topic question and find another one? Isn't that time comsuming?
I wonder if there are bunch of question by topic past paper resources out there!
Reply 3
Original post by Sora729
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)

Start doing past papers every week. Whenever you're revising a particular topic, after reading the textbook/notes move straight to exam questions and do lots of practice.
For the sciences use the specification to base your revision around. That way you can tell better what an exam question is trying to get out of you, even it's a weird application question! Lots of exam questions by topic :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Sora729
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)

I'm in year 12 and I'm doing the same subjects as you :five:
I am doing:

Further Maths (Edexcel) - FP 1 this year
Maths (Edexcel) - C12 and M1 this year
Chemistry (Edexcel)
Physics (Edexcel)

I'm writing my exams this May.
Original post by MaleVip
Dude do you literally print of every past paper to do 1/2 topic question and find another one? Isn't that time comsuming?
I wonder if there are bunch of question by topic past paper resources out there!

There is, try physicsandmathstutor.com ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reshyna
I'm in year 12 and I'm doing the same subjects as you :five:
I am doing:

Further Maths (Edexcel) - FP 1 this year
Maths (Edexcel) - C12 and M1 this year
Chemistry (Edexcel)
Physics (Edexcel)

I'm writing my exams this May.

how come you're only doing 1 module for further maths
Reply 8
Original post by gaary kasparov
how come you're only doing 1 module for further maths

Actually now I've changed my decision.
I'm taking C12, M1, FP1, S1 and D1 this year.

Quick Reply

Latest