Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What shops/brands do you miss? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Rebel rebel and Woolworths 🤗

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    My local bakery. In year 6 there was always a mad rush before school started to buy a mr blobby cake. They were so good. :coma:

It is a cafe now, boo hiss.

ReputationRep:
    Woolworths and Jane Norman.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember those Polo Fruit Smoothie sweets and Snowflake chocolate bars?!

I miss them both so much :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I kinda miss BHS & Jessops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qinge)
    RIP 99p stores which were bought out by poundland.
    This Used to buy their pick n mix all the time Nowhere else in town does it

Comet - loved that store
    Adams
    Woolworths
    Early Learning Centre
    Gadgetshop
    Zavvi
    Littlewoods
    Allied Carpets
    Safeway

ReputationRep:
    The others have already been mentioned.
    One no one has mentioned yet: Borders, that was a nice bookstore
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Focus went too...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Ahh the memories:

-Beatties (might not be the correct spelling), not sure if this was a franchise but my local one went years ago

-Woolworths

-The Burger King near my parents house (it's still there, but it used to have arcade machines and a much more 90's vibe )

-Blockbuster (in retrospect their prices were dreadful.. £4 for a 2 night DVD rental at one point, but I will always remember repeatedly renting Toy Story/The Iron Giant/The Borrowers on tape. The white boxes with instructions on how to adjust the tracking of your VHS player.

In terms of brands:

-I used to have loads of GAP clothing in primary school before 'that joke' kind of made it weird to wear amongst kids my age... Haha... No way that would fly now...

-I remember FILA being very prominent, but I haven't seen anyone wear something from them in over a decade.

-I used to think I was so cool with my light up WWF (yep, before WWE) trainers that flashed red lights with every hard step.

I actually really like CeX, it reminds me of what Game/Gamestation used to be like back in the day.

This thread has made me realise how long it's been since I've been shopping, retail therapy is required immediately.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen this in long time, does anyone know if it's still around? I used to love the smell the mixing machines gave off when this stuff was being served... I wouldn't be surprised if it's been banned or altered due to bad ingredients.

EDIT: For some reason, inserting this image via the image tag is broken...

http://dplicensing.com/dp/wp-content...lushpuppie.jpg
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kernel_Coder)
    I haven't seen this in long time, does anyone know if it's still around? I used to love the smell the mixing machines gave off when this stuff was being served... I wouldn't be surprised if it's been banned or altered due to bad ingredients.

EDIT: For some reason, inserting this image via the image tag is broken...

http://dplicensing.com/dp/wp-content...lushpuppie.jpg
    I've not seen Slush Puppies for years! I think there's new slushie brands out now. Where I'm from, Tango Ice Blasts took over
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Chadds! It had a really awesome toy department that I loved buying troll pencil toppers from, I couldn't find them anywhere else and I liked collecting them when I was a kid

ReputationRep:
    Woolworths & Borders.

ReputationRep:
    Woolworths

Do you remember the huge pick'n'mix section they used to have...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember warner brothers/ looney tunes shop?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    Does anyone remember wander brothers/ looney tunes shop?
    Nope, I've never even heard of this shop :eek: was it better than Disney stores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Nope, I've never even heard of this shop :eek: was it better than Disney stores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They closed them doown ages ago like early 2000s so I canmonly remember it briefly. They had an amazing Xmas section and I'm pretty sure they had like a toy train going around the shop with all the looney tunes characters. There used to be on in edinburgh . I miss it

ReputationRep:
    MK One, love that tacky jewellery

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.