Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is he over her or just being nice? Watch

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 months. He broke up with his ex to be with me.

He told me that he had fallen out of love with her but still thinks of her as a close friend.

He seems completely into me and our relationship but the other day I ended up coming across some Facebook messages accidentally between him and the ex...

It seems like it was the first time she contacted him in weeks as he was telling her he had really missed talking to her multiple times and told her he was worried she hated him. He also told her he thinks so much of her and would always be there for her.

After seeing this part of me is worried he's not over her completely, but the other part of me knows he is a people pleaser and thinks he is saying all this because of that. My boyfriend is the type of guy who feels guilty really easily and would hate to upset anyone. She is also the first girl he ever broke up with. In the past it has always been him who got broken up with. He's extremely sensitive.

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    As long as he isn't hitting on her I wouldn't worry, sounds like he just wants to keep her around as a good friend to me
    • Political Ambassador

I hope her ex won't think he still has feelings for her or whatever. I think there's a fine line between wanting to keep her as a friend and sending the wrong message.

Thanks guys for your responses. He definitely wasn't hitting on her which I'm glad about...I really doubt he'd be the sort to cheat, he made sure he finished things with before he even started anything with me.

Just a bit concerned about the fact he has missed talking to her so much. If he is over her, he should be past those sort of feelings, right? I had hoped the time he spends with me would make him happy enough not to think about and miss her. Is this silly and insecure of me? Tell me off if so, haha.

think he misses her...

ReputationRep:
    yes very insecure

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.