Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 01 - 23rd of May 2017 Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Amazing! :woo:
    8.33%
    Good
    16.67%
    Okay :indiff:
    54.17%
    Bad :sad:
    0%
    HORRIBLE PAPER!!!
    20.83%

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Droneon)
    You should just draw one force at 7 degrees to the horizontal and then start the next one at74 degrees from where the first force stopped. And then connect the two ends together.
    Which part of the last question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did like a parallelogram , Is that wrong?? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    I did like a parallelogram , Is that wrong?? :shock:
    No it isn't. There's the triangle way and the parallelogram way, so you're prolly right dw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, 30 is correct. I thought since the gradient of the graph was negative it must be negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think it is negative cuz the line was going downward , wish I had that much sense in the exam :cry:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't. There's the triangle way and the parallelogram way, so you're prolly right dw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok , what did u get for the magnitude and the direction ?

ReputationRep:
    You should just draw one force at 7 degrees to the horizontal and then start the next one at74 degrees from where the first force stopped. And then connect the two ends together.
    Which part of the last question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanx man!
    the very last Q of the paper. the young modulus one
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There was one about calculations too , I cant remember , does anyone of u remember?
    And yeah, what did u guys put for the last last mcq in which there were graphs they told the info like the object had constant resultant force , so which graph did u guys mark?

ReputationRep:
    No, 30 is correct. I thought since the gradient of the graph was negative it must be negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is positive 7.5

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok , what did u get for the magnitude and the direction ?
    what did you get?? i got 30.8 i forgot the angle tho
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examhater44)
    It is positive 7.5
    wait how did u get positive , can u explain ur method please
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    what did you get?? i got 30.8 i forgot the angle tho
    huh?? I got 33.5 I think :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    huh?? I got 33.5 I think :cry2:
    They probably have a range cuz i know some people who got around 29 and 30....what did other people get so we can see the range??

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be for an A?? I think 53-54

ReputationRep:
    You are right actually it is negative, i made a stupid mistake
    wait how did u get positive , can u explain ur method please
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be for an A?? I think 53-54
    That is high I think, cuz paper in jan only had like 2 questions that were hard but this paper had like almost four questions hard
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You are right actually it is negative, i made a stupid mistake
    Lol even I got it wrong so no worries

ReputationRep:
    That is high I think cuz paper in jan only had like 2 or 3 questions that were hard but this paper had like almost four questions hard
    That is nice to hear I am worried tho....I lost like 12 marks in the fly q and like 2 mcqs. everthing else felt very good so im hoping that i can get that A
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That is nice to hear I am worried tho....I lost like 12 marks in the fly q and like 2 mcqs. everthing else felt very good so im hoping that i can get that A
    I lost many marks in the last Q and am now just hoping that the grade boundaries be lower
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I lost many marks in the last Q and am now just hoping that the grade boundaries be lower
    i got the gradient question correct.. my magnitude was 28/29.. u think that will be wrong? and how do we take the angle?
    i hope the grade boundaries will be lower...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooshan)
    i got the gradient question correct.. my magnitude was 28/29.. u think that will be wrong? and how do we take the angle?
    i hope the grade boundaries will be lower...
    I got 33.5 , I think urs might be right , idk about mine cuz its like far not between 30 or 28
    My direction was like 16 , I think its wrong cuz I divided the angle by 2 and did cosine instead of tan but my parallelogram was drawn in such a way that I used cos instead of tan , what did u get for direction?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I got 33.5 , I think urs might be right , idk about mine cuz its like far not between 30 or 28
    My direction was like 16 , I think its wrong cuz I divided the angle by 2 and did cosine instead of tan but my parallelogram was drawn in such a way that I used cos instead of tan , what did u get for direction?
    woah.. i dont remember exactly but not around a 16... i used a different method.. not the parallelogram.. how do we do the flea question? i mean the energy.. i wasnt able to do it that well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.