Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have any of you had laser eye surgery? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How was your experience? Do you have any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My cousin got laser eye surgery.
    Her eyesight was -7.00 something before, and she told me after the surgery her eyesight was amazing

ReputationRep:
    I will do it once I have the money.
    • Very Important Poster

Yes. Its very good, but not permanent. If you wnat the best then find an actual surgeon. Moorfields ahve some of the best if you are in London. It is still surgery though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    My cousin got laser eye surgery.
    Her eyesight was -7.00 something before, and she told me after the surgery her eyesight was amazing
    That's good. I wear contact lenses but I want laser eye because my eye sights actually so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Yes. Its very good, but not permanent. If you wnat the best then find an actual surgeon. Moorfields ahve some of the best if you are in London. It is still surgery though.
    Isn't Focus Clinic really good as well?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by saraxh)
    Isn't Focus Clinic really good as well?
    No idea. I think theres a review site with all the providers on if you google. Its better if you know the name of the surgeon carrying it out rather than it being some technician imo. Its not permanent but could last you 15-30 years, which is a lot of contact lenses. tbh I think its good value.

ReputationRep:
    No idea. I think theres a review site with all the providers on if you google. Its better if you know the name of the surgeon carrying it out rather than it being some technician imo. Its not permanent but could last you 15-30 years, which is a lot of contact lenses. tbh I think its good value.
    Contact lenses make my eyes dry. Yeah, Tanya Burr and celebs have gone there. They have a 100% success rate.
    • Very Important Poster

Contact lenses make my eyes dry. Yeah, Tanya Burr and celebs have gone there. They have a 100% success rate.
    No idea its ages since I looked into it. Its importnat to educate yourself and understand the risks plus what the science is imo.

ReputationRep:
    No idea its ages since I looked into it. Its importnat to educate yourself and understand the risks plus what the science is imo.
    I really want to get it at 18 but at 18 eyes haven't fully stabilized so it's kinda risky.
    • Very Important Poster

I really want to get it at 18 but the eye hasn't fully stabilized so it's kinda risky.
    They wont until you are stabilised. It is reasonably expensive. It looks slightly cheaper at Moorfields than Focus. Its a personal choice and theres a small risk (hence o to the best place), but I think its a good investment. Youd have to get a job and make a deal with your dad to save half and pay half. Its £4-6000 for both eyes. You could get one eye at a time done. Still expensive for an 18 year old.

You will need to oogle for reviews. there used to be a really good site with reviews by patients, but they were honest and some clinics started threatening legal action which forced them to close.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.