Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being 'to' friendly a bad habit, or should I continuing being that way? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to 'find a girlfriend' but somehow I always end up being the best friend of that person, things I usually do is like cheering them up, being there mostly, sometimes I even say that I am interested in more things, which usually ends up weird. I am not looking incredibly handsome neither do I look bad, it's a good average thing, I guess nothing weird, nothing special.

But I wonder, what I could change to not be the one ending up in a Friendzone everytime, am I to friendly?

I mean, I don't really wanna change myself, but I'd also like to have a relationship, thinking about being mean, or let's call it act like a macho or 'bad ass' isn't really my thing, and No I am not really afraid of being in trouble, but I am avoiding it if there's no reason to get into some.

Thanks for helping me out, have a nice day .

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know why your last sentence got me laughing :iiam:

Anything wrong... nope. Being too friendly isn't the wrong approach... just what you do after/during. It's probably due to the fact you aren't flirting with the lady. And you probably need to work on timing too

(Original post by IveGotNoClue)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes being too friendly is the wrong approach. Honestly boys that are too friendly and clingy and message me too much it's soooooooo annoying!!! Just be yourself but play it cool in a non obvious way, too friendly can definitely get annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You are ending up in the friendzone because you are treating them like a friend, it is simple as that. There is nothing wrong with being nice at all, but you can't just expect "niceness" to get her to be your girlfriend.

You need to flirt a bit, take more risks, ask them out on a date (not just to hang out for fun) and break the touch barrier.

If you want to be her girlfriend, then don't behave like a friend to her.

ReputationRep:
    There's a point where you become a friend and people don't normally look to date friends. That's true for men and women.

What I'd suggest doing was after you've talked to them a few times ask them out. Be honest before you end up the one they go to when complaining there are no men worth their time.

If you're looking for a relationship honesty if always a good policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IveGotNoClue)
    Hey, I've been wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to 'find a girlfriend' but somehow I always end up being the best friend of that person, things I usually do is like cheering them up, being there mostly, sometimes I even say that I am interested in more things, which usually ends up weird. I am not looking incredibly handsome neither do I look bad, it's a good average thing, I guess nothing weird, nothing special.

But I wonder, what I could change to not be the one ending up in a Friendzone everytime, am I to friendly?

I mean, I don't really wanna change myself, but I'd also like to have a relationship, thinking about being mean, or let's call it act like a macho or 'bad ass' isn't really my thing, and No I am not really afraid of being in trouble, but I am avoiding it if there's no reason to get into some.

Thanks for helping me out, have a nice day .

Play hard to get by not being their shoulder to cry on anymore. When they ask to speak to you about their problems pretend your too busy or have to go somewhere and say you'll call them back later but don't actually call them, keep them hanging and let them chase you.
    But you do actually have to ask them on a date and if they say no move on to someone else. Ask girls out on the street, library, supermarket, clubs, etc because you don't have to only stick to asking out girls you're already friends with.
    Try complete strangers, see if that works because I always get asked out on the street and I don't mind if I am attracted to the guy.
    Ask your friends male and female to arrange blind dates for you with people they know or their family

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said, you need to flirt. It gives them a hint that you're interested in them!! And ask them out! If they say no, then it's not the end of the world!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.