Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Corbyn on Brexit: UK can be better off out of the EU Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wardog)
    It's not a huge shock. Whilst you were banging on about "remoaners", the vast majority of us have accepted the result and want to make it a success. Criticising Brexit is not us moaning, we are entitled to free speech.

This rhetoric that remainers are somehow hoping brexit will fail is nothing more but some failed reverse psychology from the brexit and a fear that some day brexiters will be proven wrong. Grow up.
    This is clearly not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    This is clearly not true.
    That is clearly what you want to believe so you can still hold onto that sense of victory of voting for the right side.

Criticising Brexit does not mean that we dont accept the result and dont make it a success. And yes, the "I told you so" cliche is going to be used if Brexit turns out to be a disaster.

ReputationRep:
    That is clearly what you want to believe so you can still hold onto that sense of victory of voting for the right side.

Criticising Brexit does not mean that we dont accept the result and dont make it a success. And yes, the "I told you so" cliche is going to be used if Brexit turns out to be a disaster.
    Just read the comments in the Guardian.

I didn't vote in the referendum and if I had, I would have voted Remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Just read the comments in the Guardian.

I didn't vote in the referendum and if I had, I would have voted Remain.
    If I tell you to read the comments on the DM, is that a fair representation of brexiters?

ReputationRep:
    If I tell you to read the comments on the DM, is that a fair representation of brexiters?
    No, but they represent a significant percentage of them, whilst you said that the vast majority of those who voted Remain have accepted the result. It is clearly not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    No, but they represent a significant percentage of them, whilst you said that the vast majority of those who voted Remain have accepted the result. It is clearly not the case.
    Your experience with arguing against people on this forum, reading comments on news websites, twitter, people who phone in on radio stations and appear on TV has skewed your perspective. 13,000,000 people voted remain and the vast majority are carrying on with their lives.

"Accepting the result" is open to interpretation. You may consider being against brexit as "not accepting the result". In that case I will apologise on behalf of all remainers for being against brexit and not getting cucked by the right into agreeing with brexit.

ReputationRep:
    Your experience with arguing against people on this forum, reading comments on news websites, twitter, people who phone in on radio stations and appear on TV has skewed your perspective. 13,000,000 people voted remain and the vast majority are carrying on with their lives.

"Accepting the result" is open to interpretation. You may consider being against brexit as "not accepting the result". In that case I will apologise on behalf of all remainers for being against brexit and not getting cucked by the right into agreeing with brexit.
    16,141,241 voted Remain as against
    17,410,742 who voted Leave.

There were 25,359 spoilt papers and 12,922,659 names on the electoral roll where no vote was cast.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a huge shock. Whilst you were banging on about "remoaners", the vast majority of us have accepted the result and want to make it a success. Criticising Brexit is not us moaning, we are entitled to free speech.

This rhetoric that remainers are somehow hoping brexit will fail is nothing more but some failed reverse psychology from the brexit and a fear that some day brexiters will be proven wrong. Grow up.
    To your first point, your smugness is misplaced. Corbyn isn't a grown-up remainer accepting the result, he's a long-term leaver who was cajoled into doing a terrible half-hearted performance of a remainer during the referendum, and is now reverting to type as gently as possible so as not to upset his base of erasmus-loving hipsters.

To your second, I don't want Jeremy Corbyn trying to make a success of any policy I support. The man is an incompetent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    You are giving me some bs definition dreamt up by an organisation run by tin pot third world dictators over the good old English dictionary??

Mate, I'll use the dictionary definition whenever I post, and the United Nations (and all the absurd and ridiculous post colonial studies Professors) can go fcuk themselves.
    In other words, you don't actually have an argument, so you're just going to throw a strop about not getting your way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.