Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview with Brighton to study a PGCE in primary education. I am completely thrown by the presentation part of the interview process. Just the way its worded- make it interactive and engaging with props but giving us serious topics (like reading and phonics for an example). What are they actually looking for??Completely baffled? Help!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi how did your interview go? I've just applied for Hulls PGCE after being unsuccessful for school direct.
    Just wondered what the interviews where like incase I'm offered one.
    😊

ReputationRep:
    It's asking you to bring resources that could help the children with their phonics/ reading. In my school, we use lolly sticks to help them sweep under the word and quickly blend the word together. Things like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdc31)
    It's asking you to bring resources that could help the children with their phonics/ reading. In my school, we use lolly sticks to help them sweep under the word and quickly blend the word together. Things like that!
    Oh right, so was the presentation around 5 minutes?
    Did you have an individual interview?
    I imagine you have had a response now, was you offered a place? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleo1988)
    Oh right, so was the presentation around 5 minutes?
    Did you have an individual interview?
    I imagine you have had a response now, was you offered a place? Xx

I'm having an interview today for the undergraduate. But where I work in a school already I can see what sort of things they are asking you for. Feel free to message me, I'll try and give you all the help I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdc31)
    I'm having an interview today for the undergraduate. But where I work in a school already I can see what sort of things they are asking you for. Feel free to message me, I'll try and give you all the help I can
    Alright thanks for that, I'll probably drop you a message if I'm ordered an interview.
    Good luck with yours today hope it goes okay 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.