Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My value for volume was 800 something.I found the sum of one and multiplied by 20

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    t was log 5/log 3
    There were 3 x-values but log can only be used with positive number and there was only 1 positive value.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In trignometry part b there was (Thita , 10°) on both LHS and RHS did these get cancelled how were they used?

ReputationRep:
    1.3 and 91.3 degrees were the only possible solutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnTheHorizon)
    t was log 5/log 3
    There were 3 x-values but log can only be used with positive number and there was only 1 positive value.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hammadjawaid12)
    Sumayya how did you get that value for volume First term a=180 r=0.93 n=20 by inputing these in sn formula we get1969.1
    Actually the sum of the litres for the first barrel was around 602 but then they said that every year a new barrel is filled and it increases by the same common ratio so i found the sum of litres of the first 3 to 4 barrels and they formed a new geometric series so i found the new r which was 1.1 and my a was 602 and n was 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumaiyya1999)
    Actually the sum of the litres for the first barrel was around 602 but then they said that every year a new barrel is filled and it increases by the same common ratio so i found the sum of litres of the first 3 to 4 barrels and they formed a new geometric series so i found the new r which was 1.1 and my a was 602 and n was 20
    Well damn there goes my 3 marks straight out the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr.holmes)
    that is what i did for the trigonometry question but i think you will lose solutions.
    i did a similar question in a previous year and i divided by tan and i actually lost 2 solutions.
    could you please tell me how you found your answer for the geometric question?
    and what was the value for t
    No i didnt divide by tan i just brought the cos on the rhs and it came in the form 5sintheta/costheta so I equated tan in place of sin/cos to give 5 tantheta

ReputationRep:
    The question where we were supposed to express log3 (x/9) and log3 (√x) in terms of y, what answers did you guys get? I got the same answer for both and that was y/2.

ReputationRep:
    In trignometry part b there was (Thita , 10°) on both LHS and RHS did these get cancelled how were they used?
    Nope Khan bhai

ReputationRep:
    No i didnt divide by tan i just brought the cos on the rhs and it came in the form 5sintheta/costheta so I equated tan in place of sin/cos to give 5 tantheta
    sorry i meant dividing by cos

ReputationRep:
    No they became tan(theta+10) so when u solve u minus the 10 from all the values of theta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fasih178)
    The question where we were supposed to express log3 (x/9) and log3 (√x) in terms of y, what answers did you guys get? I got the same answer for both and that was y/2.
    For the first one i got y-2 and 2nd i got y/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr.holmes)
    sorry i meant dividing by cos
    I did that in alot of papers and didnt lose any value

ReputationRep:
    For the first one i got y-2 and 2nd i got y/2
    Thank God. I thought I messed up cuz it's quite unusual to get the same answers for two different questions.

For the log equation in part B I got x=81. I'm guessing the answer is probably correct since the answer to part A is correct as well.

ReputationRep:
    I did that in alot of papers and didnt lose any value
    i dont know. Anyways, i did the question in two ways in the exam so hopefully they will correct the right one. one of the ways is that i squared all the terms.

ReputationRep:
    The ans for the part a wasnt y/2 it was y - 2 and after solving i got 3 for y and 27 for x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are usually more than one ways of doing a question i hope we both get it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only situation where you can lose a solution or two is when you divide by a trig function by some other trig function and cancel them out, when instead you were supposed to factorize a common trig function out but that wasn't the case in the trig question we got.

ReputationRep:
    i got 2 values for y since it will be a quadratic equation. i basically solved it by substitution since the gave as the what is Y is equal to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.