Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I also gave june 2016,It was hard.This one was a bit hard as well but not as hard as june 16.More lengthy questions,And IIRC june 16 had 16 questions if that matters.This one had 15 and the tricky ones weren't as bad as june 16.

(Original post by Fasih178)
    Hardly anyone managed to do that correctly, the answer was something like r²(√3/2 - π/2).
    I got the exact same answer but I'm doubtful.
    So far 3 of my questions have been wrong T_T ,Atleast there are method marks.

ReputationRep:
    That's true, I myself struggled to get that paper done in time.

Besides there wasn't even a single question on trapezium rule which are basically free marks for the most of us. There are a couple of other relatively easy questions as well that weren't included in this year's paper. Thus I feel the grade boundaries will be low. But oh well let's just wait and see.

Any idea when the grade boundaries are released?
    1 march midnight according to uk timings

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnTheHorizon)
    I also gave june 2016,It was hard.This one was a bit hard as well but not as hard as june 16.More lengthy questions,And IIRC june 16 had 16 questions if that matters.This one had 15 and the tricky ones weren't as bad as june 16.

lol. dw man you probably got everything wrong , vacancies are available at maccies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheikhsheikh)
    lol. dw man you probably got everything wrong , vacancies are available at maccies
    Thx for the confidence.

ReputationRep:
    i think for arithmetic question..i got a = 30 and d = -6 ( negative 6 ).... and when i put these values in both equations . the equations were satisfied...

and i made 8th term divided by 2 equals 7th term from there i got my second equation. and solved simultaneously.

i think and hope so this is correct

ReputationRep:

Well June 2016 had 96 marks for an A grade, I hope this one has lower boundaries.

I'm doubtful as well but that seems to be only plausible solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumaiyya1999)
    1 march midnight according to uk timings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The results are to be released on that same day aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    The results are to be released on that same day aren't they?
    No result is on 2nd march
    Grade boundaries are released 1 day b4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thx for the confidence.
    anytime man. just @ me if you need any more boosts in confidence yeah ygm
    my gggggggg

ReputationRep:
    No result is on 2nd march
    Grade boundaries are released 1 day b4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I guess we will have to wait about 7 weeks either way. If anything, the grade boundaries are just going to pique my curiosity.

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess we will have to wait about 7 weeks either way. If anything, the grade boundaries are just going to pique my curiosity.
    Yup but i will probably forget i even gave this paper cuz i have to give 3 more in jan and it's killing me

ReputationRep:
    It's better than waiting for june results,Time will pass by with studies.
    I kinda doubt lower grade boundaries after last papers boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    It's better than waiting for june results,Time will pass by with studies.
    I kinda doubt lower grade boundaries after last papers boundaries.
    Lets just hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    Yup but i will probably forget i even gave this paper cuz i have to give 3 more in jan and it's killing me
    Which 3?

I'm doing a full math course in one session lol, I know it's a bad decision but I made it when I wasn't aware of the course load. Got C34 in a week then statistics 1 and statistics 2. Quite worried about C34, especially the C3 part.

ReputationRep:
    Which 3?

I'm doing a full math course in one session lol, I know it's a bad decision but I made it when I wasn't aware of the course load. Got C34 in a week then statistics 1 and statistics 2. Quite worried about C34, especially the C3 part.
    I have chem4, physics 2 and m2

ReputationRep:
    That's true, I myself struggled to get that paper done in time.

Besides there wasn't even a single question on trapezium rule which are basically free marks for the most of us. There are a couple of other relatively easy questions as well that weren't included in this year's paper. Thus I feel the grade boundaries will be low. But oh well let's just wait and see.

Any idea when the grade boundaries are released?
    i think they will be released a day before the results day not sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helper OF ALL)
    i think for arithmetic question..i got a = 30 and d = -6 ( negative 6 ).... and when i put these values in both equations . the equations were satisfied...

and i made 8th term divided by 2 equals 7th term from there i got my second equation. and solved simultaneously.

i think and hope so this is correct

Yaa bro.. I got the same answer..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thalfith_97)
    lets party then...joking:bban::banana2::beer:n cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hardly anyone managed to do that correctly, the answer was something like r²(√3/2 - π/2).

Indeed, this paper was quite difficult. The lowest grade boundary for an A has been 89 and that was January 2014, the very first paper in ial math. I personally didn't find that paper too difficult when I solved it and this paper was quite similar in difficulty. I'd say the boundary for an A would be max 90 or min 87.
    you mean that the angle is 60 because equilateral triangle i think i got it right hopefully i wish to score a mark above 105

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thalfith_97)
    the question said that the 8 term is half the 7
    that's mean that 8 term *2= 7 term or 7 term/2 = 8 term

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.