Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fasih178)
    I hate the panicky feeling you get in exams, especially towards the end when the time is running out.

Also, by looking at the model answers I think I'm gonna lose about 7 marks max, silly mistakes exclusive. What about you?
    I panicked in the start cuz normally we enter the exam hall 10 mins b4 and then 5 mins b4 the paper starts we can open the paper and read the questions and that mentally prepares us for the exam but on thursday our exam incharge said that people from edexcel came on a round and they informed us that we are no longer allowed to open the paper b4 the time starts so we had no time to mentally prepare ourselves b4 the time starts and we all panicked as soon as the time started
    I actually like to not calculate the mark i am getting my the minimum mark i can obtain like i cut 1-2 marks extra from every part of the question just so that i dont start expecting alot and then not get disappointed by the result so my minimum mark came to be 90/125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumaiyya1999)
    I panicked in the start cuz normally we enter the exam hall 10 mins b4 and then 5 mins b4 the paper starts we can open the paper and read the questions and that mentally prepares us for the exam but on thursday our exam incharge said that people from edexcel came on a round and they informed us that we are no longer allowed to open the paper b4 the time starts so we had no time to mentally prepare ourselves b4 the time starts and we all panicked as soon as the time started
    I actually like to not calculate the mark i am getting my the minimum mark i can obtain like i cut 1-2 marks extra from every part of the question just so that i dont start expecting alot and then not get disappointed by the result so my minimum mark came to be 90/125
    Wow I didn't know that was even allowed lol. Here, we are never allowed to check out the questions, not until the exact moment the time starts. Well at least next time you will be mentally prepared haha

1-2 marks per question is a lot of caution in my opinion. Silly mistakes happen but not that often.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I didn't know that was even allowed lol. Here, we are never allowed to check out the questions, not until the exact moment the time starts. Well at least next time you will be mentally prepared haha

1-2 marks per question is a lot of caution in my opinion. Silly mistakes happen but not that often.
    No one new that rule in my centre not even the exam head and we had gotten used to opening the paper 5 mins b4 and this was my 4 exam session so it surprised everyone
    U have no idea about how many silly mistakes i do like silly mistakes is my second name and they are soo silly i feel like killing myself when i get to know them so just so that my hopes dont get crushed badly i get very cautious

ReputationRep:
    No one new that rule in my centre not even the exam head and we had gotten used to opening the paper 5 mins b4 and this was my 4 exam session so it surprised everyone
    U have no idea about how many silly mistakes i do like silly mistakes is my second name and they are soo silly i feel like killing myself when i get to know them so just so that my hopes dont get crushed badly i get very cautious
    Your center should be more aware about that stuff.

Best way to avoid such mistakes is by saving some time at the end to check over your answers but unfortunately, usually, there is not much time available by the end of the paper.

Talking about silly mistakes, I myself did something weird in the last exam. I wrote my full name in the 'surname' section lol and left the 'other names' section blank. In which section did you write your name?

ReputationRep:
    Your center should be more aware about that stuff.

Best way to avoid such mistakes is by saving some time at the end to check over your answers but unfortunately, usually, there is not much time available by the end of the paper.

Talking about silly mistakes, I myself did something weird in the last exam. I wrote my full name in the 'surname' section lol and left the 'other names' section blank. In which section did you write your name?
    It actually doesnt matter cuz they recognize u by ur centre and candidate number they never read ur name
    I wrote my actual name under other name and surname in surname section. But i did the same thing during olvl exams so doesnt matter

ReputationRep:
    It actually doesnt matter cuz they recognize u by ur centre and candidate number they never read ur name
    I wrote my actual name under other name and surname in surname section. But i did the same thing during olvl exams so doesnt matter
    Haha that's a relief, I thought they might not mark my paper or something due to the way I wrote my name.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone how was the result
    What did u get in c12??
    I got an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an A too!! :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr.holmes)
    I got an A too!! :clap2:
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lympho)
    A
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    B
    154/160

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katenell)
    B
    154/160
    No worries in my first attempt even I got a B, try to uplift ur overall grade in other units

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.