Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Swiss win EU case - Muslim girls must swim with boys Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    No point arguing with QE2 he's on here everyday insulting Islam. Just evidence of a *****y upbringing really
    the irony of your post :lol::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    What part of zezno's post wasn't a personal attack?
    I'm not saying it's not a personal attack, I'm aware that it is but QE2 started it by hurling personal attacks at me saying he wouldn't want to be treated by me and etc.

(Original post by tammie123)
      QE2 started it
      Oh, I see! Well, carry on then...

by hurling personal attacks at me saying he wouldn't want to be treated by me and etc.
      You seem to be taking what he said out of context. A very easy thing to do on TSR, of course, because not many people will bother to hop back far enough to judge for themselves.

ReputationRep:
      Oh, I see! Well, carry on then...

You seem to be taking what he said out of context. A very easy thing to do on TSR, of course, because not many people will bother to hop back far enough to judge for themselves.
      You can judge for yourself, I'm sure you'll agree once you see what he wrote. I felt very hurt by it

You can judge for yourself, I'm sure you'll agree once you see what he wrote. I felt very hurt by it
        Wow, having read what he wrote... wtf?? QE2 you should be ashamed of yourself. ****ing traumatic m8, how will tammie the 123rd ever recover his self-esteem now?

ReputationRep:
        Wow, having read what he wrote... wtf?? QE2 you should be ashamed of yourself. ****ing traumatic m8, how will tammie the 123rd ever recover his self-esteem now?
        I'm a girl not a guy. I don't know why you don't seem to be taking what he said seriously. If you were really passionate about something and someone said something similar to you wouldn't that hurt you?

I'm a girl not a guy. I don't know why you don't seem to be taking what he said seriously. If you were really passionate about something and someone said something similar to you wouldn't that hurt you?
          I'm passionate about maths. I don't think I'd give a flying **** if some anonymous poster told me that he/she/xe/they/blaarg felt I was so bad at arguing my points, that he/she/xe/they/blaarg wouldn't want me to help her with his/her/xis/blaars maths homework.

Go on, try to hurt my feelings, internet lady.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
          It's not necessarily about the actual swimming pool per se, it's more about learning to interact normally and healthily in situations with the opposite sex where the body isn't completely covered. That way the children will be able to function normally as adults when in swimming pools, beaches etc.

How can you not see the absolute absurdity and ridiculousness of parents wanting to segregate prepubescent children because of fears that there'll be sexual contact/occurrences?
          I wouldn't care myself in fact when I was a teenager I used to swim, but in this case it's the secular White atheists who are being illiberal in that they feel they have the right to force another person's children to engage in an activity against their will. I think they should know how to swim for the sake of their own safety, but it's complete hypocrisy to take this self-righteous view that you respect the freedom of the individual, apparently unlike Muslims, when you're forcing activities on them along with your own worldview.

ReputationRep:
          I'm passionate about maths. I don't think I'd give a flying **** if some anonymous poster told me that he/she/xe/they/blaarg felt I was so bad at arguing my points, that he/she/xe/they/blaarg wouldn't want me to help her with his/her/xis/blaars maths homework.

Well what if you wanted to be a maths teacher and I said that I think you'd be a rubbish maths teacher and on top of that you were going through a really tough time due to personal problems at home which were so bad you couldn't sleep much for 3 days straight?

Actually I think it's different for people who work in healthcare because our work has really big effects on people and could potentially have big consequences

ReputationRep:

''Everyone else should think, act and behave like me''

Well what if you wanted to be a maths teacher and I said that I think you'd be a rubbish maths teacher and on top of that you were going through a really tough time due to personal problems at home which were so bad you couldn't sleep much for 3 days straight?
            literally crying rn

(Original post by l'etranger)
              ''Everyone else should think, act and behave like me''
              It was a response to her question: If you were really passionate about something and someone said something similar to you wouldn't that hurt you?

ReputationRep:
              they feel they have the right to force another person's children to engage in an activity against their will.
              The wishes of the children in this case are of no account at all - not even mentioned or hinted at. The only wishes involved are those of the parents who do not want their daughters to be in proximity to boys while swimming, even if wearing burkinis, despite what Swiss law says must happen.

ReputationRep:
              It was a response to her question: If you were really passionate about something and someone said something similar to youwouldn't that hurt you?
              It was clearly a rhetorical device designed to appeal to your sense of empathy, it would seem her expectations of you were better than the reality of who you are.

ReputationRep:

literally crying rn
              The picture you posted didn't show. What an insensitive thing to say, I'm actually shocked by the lack of empathy. Well I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's just different with healthcare because the effect and consequences of our profession is so big (I mean it involves human life)

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by tazmaniac97)
              Besides she might be a better Pharmacist than her colleague, that you would rather get treated by.

As a Muslim myself, I can say from my experience that I am not treated like a human, just because I choose to wear a head scarf.

In my college, where it was majority Muslims, I made NO effort to make friends, yet I managed to make lots of friends, because of how much effort people made with me.

Now that I go to a university with 98% non-Muslims. I get stared at from top to bottom as if I'm a walking turd. Even though I make MUCH more effort to make friends in university, the non-muslims do not give me chance (e.g. being cold, giving short answers. I'll give you proof of texts if you do not believe me!).

My male friend who is also a Muslim, has un-british views and my views are MUCH more liberal and aligns more with the British norms compared to his. But people give him a chance just because he does not wear a religious attire.
              Spoiler:
              Show

Good. If you do not want to get treated by a good Pharmacist, then fine. We don't need irrational species like you on this planet.

For most people, you head scarf means that you don't want to interact with them. If you are annoyed by their attitude, remove your head scarf.

You can't have everything you want in life, you have to make concessions, or deal with the consequences.

It was clearly a rhetorical device designed to appeal to your sense of empathy, it would seem her expectations of you were better than the reality of who you are.
                Ah, so everyone should be nice and empathetic like you?

ReputationRep:
                (Original post by Josb)
                For most people, you head scarf means that you don't want to interact with them. If you are annoyed by their attitude, remove your head scarf.

You can't have everything you want in life, you have to make concessions, or deal with the consequences.
                It literally doesn't. I'm White so it's not even like I am claiming to be the victim, White people are by far the most unfriendly race and it's not even as if White people are all racist, in fact most people I know are rather PC, much more than me in fact, but a lot of perceptions on racial/religious issues come from the fact that for all their talk of tolerance, White act with a sneering elitism.

ReputationRep:
                Ah, so everyone should be nice and empathetic like you?
                Don't worry you don't need to be nice to me, I think I should lower my expectations of people. It's my fault don't worry

It literally doesn't. I'm White so it's not even like I am claiming to be the victim, White people are by far the most unfriendly race and it's not even as if White people are all racist, in fact most people I know are rather PC, much more than me in fact, but a lot of perceptions on racial/religious issues come from the fact that for all their talk of tolerance, White act with a sneering elitism.
                  Off topic a little, but I had you down as basically a neo-Nazi in denial (like most an-caps)...

What are you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
                Useful resources
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.