Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)

I appreciate it, they would not have the courage to say it to you in person.
    I agree, people are quite nice to me in person but reading comments like those scare me and makes me wonder what people think of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Since your faith in humanity was simply restored by a post on TSR, I supposed that you had lost it just before.
    Sometimes a small act of kindness is all it takes to give you some hope

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care myself in fact when I was a teenager I used to swim, but in this case it's the secular White atheists who are being illiberal in that they feel they have the right to force another person's children to engage in an activity against their will. I think they should know how to swim for the sake of their own safety, but it's complete hypocrisy to take this self-righteous view that you respect the freedom of the individual, apparently unlike Muslims, when you're forcing activities on them along with your own worldview.
    Youve completely missed the point. This is Switzerland. A liberal European non-muslim country (that stands against gender segregation which is liberal). They arent forcing them - its the rules (supported by the ECHR). Its the same as them having to go to a Maths class with boys. End of

If they dont like it, they should leave Switzerland and move to a country that promotes the very illiberal notion of gender segregation or one that will bow down to their demands.

We do respect freedom of the individual BUT not when it clashes against the long standing culture and how we do things.

Most other cultures do assimilate and dont demand that they get special treatment (the Chinese are most likely the best example of this) and guess what? They have never had a problem have they?

This is also why I say that Western citizens found who move abroad should do the same and assimilate to the society in which they have moved - not the other way around. Thats why I have no sympathy with British citizens who get lashings for alcohol in Saudi for example.

I even get angry at friends who refuse to speak any Spanish for example when they go to Spain. I tell them 'Youre in Spain - at least try and speak Spanish and stop expecting them to speak English - it isnt England'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I agree, people are quite nice to me in person but reading comments like those scare me and makes me wonder what people think of me.
    I've always been willing to say what I want IRL so I assumed that others would be the same, but now I would in fact say that people use the fact it can seem so impersonal online to switch off their own sense of empathy and forget they're talking to a person.

ReputationRep:
    I've said before that Asian parents are far more racist than White parents as a general rule when it comes to marriage, so it's not as if I am saying it to deride White people, Anglo-Germanic culture is really introverted and many perceptions about White people are shaped by the general coldness we display. If you look back rather than being a little ***** about this, you'll see I've said that White people are generally not racist, but the coldness is where that perception comes from.
    So Asians are more racist, but whites are more unfriendly?

I appreciate it, they would not have the courage to say it to you in person.
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    I've always been willing to say what I want IRL so I assumed that others would be the same, but now I would in fact say that people use the fact it can seem so impersonal online to switch off their own sense of empathy and forget they're talking to a person.
    Yeah I don't think they're all bad people, maybe it's just because of the fact that it's online so it's easy to forget that you're talking to a person. When you can actually see the person you're more likely to be more empathetic. I'm the same, what I say on here are things I wouldn't be afraid of saying in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Sorry which group did I insult, and how many times?

Idiot lol
    You had a go at him for hurling personal insults while hurling an insult and a serious and unsubstantiated accusation, and you just called him an idiot.

If you cant see the irony in that, I dont really know how to explain it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    You had a go at him for hurling personal insults while hurling an insult and a serious and unsubstantiated accusation, and you just called him an idiot.

If you cant see the irony in that, I dont really know how to explain it
    I insulted him for constantly bashing a particular group i.e. Muslims everyday on here. What am I supposed to do congratulate him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    ngl I don't go around insulting a particular group every single day. Nice life lol
    OK, can you provide me with posts of mine where I insult Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    ngl I don't go around insulting a particular group every single day. Nice life lol
    Criticisms ≠ insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    I insulted him for constantly bashing a particular group i.e. Muslims everyday on here. What am I supposed to do congratulate him?

Can I see evidence?

Evidence where he insults Muslims and NOT criticises Islam which are two completely different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So Asians are more racist, but whites are more unfriendly?
    The younger generation of Asians are generally not racist.

(Original post by Josb)
    How do you know?
    Because it comes across as autistic to sit and talk with zero knowledge of context about why another user should just toughen up and not care about the way she is spoken to, because nobody I have ever encountered IRL has had that sort of robotic mentality.

Youve completely missed the point. This is Switzerland. A liberal European non-muslim country (that stands against gender segregation which is liberal). They arent forcing them - its the rules (supported by the ECHR). Its the same as them having to go to a Maths class with boys. End of

If they dont like it, they should leave Switzerland and move to a country that promotes the very illiberal notion of gender segregation or one that will bow down to their demands.

We do respect freedom of the individual BUT not when it clashes against the long standing culture and how we do things.
    The fact the ECHR has supports those rules is a complete irrelevance, if they are being forced to act a certain way, regardless of whether the intention behind that, it is illiberal by fact of them being coerced.

Most other cultures do assimilate and dont demand that they get special treatment (the Chinese are most likely the best example of this) and guess what? They have never had a problem have they?
    Not relevant. Of course I also respect the rights of Chinese people to partake in European life how they see fit, but it's not for you to shame Muslims for not acting like the Chinese, it's also stupid that you are understanding them as members of racial and religious groups rather than individuals. Not every Chinese person loves the West and not every Muslim is opposed to mixed gender swimming.

This is also why I say that Western citizens found who move abroad should do the same and assimilate to the society in which they have moved - not the other way around. Thats why I have no sympathy with British citizens who get lashings for alcohol in Saudi for example.

I even get angry at friends who refuse to speak any Spanish for example when they go to Spain. I tell them 'Youre in Spain - at least try and speak Spanish and stop expecting them to speak English - it isnt England'
    It's very wrong for the Saudis to whip people for alcohol consumption and whilst if you move to Spain, learning Spanish will improve your own quality of life, I do not at all believe that English people who move to Spain are obligated to learn the language.

ReputationRep:
    Can I see evidence?

Evidence where he insults Muslims and NOT criticises Islam which are two completely different things.
    lol so you're basically telling Muslims how to feel? Okay. Cool story man. And he has so many tweets. I honestly couldn't be bothered. But I see him in every Islam-related thread. Sit your ass down

ReputationRep:
    The younger generation of Asians are generally not racist.

Because it comes across as autistic to sit and talk with zero knowledge of context about why another user should just toughen up and not care about the way she is spoken to, because nobody I have ever encountered IRL has had that sort of robotic mentality.

The fact the ECHR has supports those rules is a complete irrelevance, if they are being forced to act a certain way, regardless of whether the intention behind that, it is illiberal by fact of them being coerced.

Not relevant. Of course I also respect the rights of Chinese people to partake in European life how they see fit, but it's not for you to shame Muslims for not acting like the Chinese, it's also stupid that you are understanding them as members of racial and religious groups rather than individuals. Not every Chinese person loves the West and not every Muslim is opposed to mixed gender swimming.

It's very wrong for the Saudis to whip people for alcohol consumption and whilst if you move to Spain, learning Spanish will improve your own quality of life, I do not at all believe that English people who move to Spain are obligated to learn the language.

Asians are not more racist than Whites loooooooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Asians are not more racist than Whites loooooooooooooooooooooool
    The old ones are :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    The old ones are :teehee:
    older whites are more racist than older asians lol period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    lol so you're basically telling Muslims how to feel? Okay. Cool story man. And he has so many tweets. I honestly couldn't be bothered. But I see him in every Islam-related thread. Sit your ass down
    No but criticising Islam (which is a set of Ideas) is not insulting Muslims as people. - its not a hate crime, and to be considered one actually devalues real hate crime that must be stamped out of society)

Just like criticising Christianity is not the same things as insulting Christians.

Not to criticise a set of Ideas is intellectually redundant. Example - I believe that the Universe began with a Big Bang billions of years ago. If someone criticises that, thats fine. It wont insult me.

- Taking offence is subjective, if people werent allowed to insult or offend anyone, we would never say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    older whites are more racist than older asians lol period
    Nope. The most racist White people are low class Whites from depressed mining areas/coastal towns in general UMC White folk are very liberal and meritocratic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    if you think Asians are more racist than Whites sorry but you're a moron lol.
    I must be some sort of misinformed gori.

ReputationRep:
    No but criticising Islam (which is a set of Ideas) is not insulting Muslims as people. - its not a hate crime, and to be considered one actually devalues real hate crime that must be stamped out of society)

Just like criticising Christianity is not the same things as insulting Christians.

Not to criticise a set of Ideas is intellectually redundant. Example - I believe that the Universe began with a Big Bang billions of years ago. If someone criticises that, thats fine. It wont insult me.

- Taking offence is subjective, if people werent allowed to insult or offend anyone, we would never say anything.
    Their cries of "islamaphobe" have worn thin by now and no longer have the effect they once did. You'd wonder why these people who get so offended can't stop themselves from reading all the threads they claim to hate...

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.