Turn on thread page Beta

Swiss win EU case - Muslim girls must swim with boys watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    hahahaha now let's see his reply
    My post has been reported.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am the storm)
    I can help out with a post. The following is a very brief conversation that took place on another thread. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5#post69332542
    Talk about cherry-picking.

To save the other poster the time, I referred to 'hardcore' Muslims - i.e those with extreme perceptions.

Because this is self-evident, I won't go further in explaining it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Slytherin House)
    It's a fair decision if you ask me because they were even given the option to wear burkinis and they still refused. The state can't just carry on granting exception after exception until they're happy otherwise they'd end up turning into an Islamic state.

I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    This is the internet; its unhealthy to react to people who say bad things about you. I'm not saying QE2 was right to attack you, but for your own sake, grow a thicker skin.
    Because you won't grow up to be successful in business or politics if you behave like that😈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Because it comes across as autistic to sit and talk with zero knowledge of context about why another user should just toughen up and not care about the way she is spoken to, because nobody I have ever encountered IRL has had that sort of robotic mentality.
    You must have a very sheltered life. I've encountered many people that were much ruder than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    if you think Asians are more racist than Whites sorry but you're a moron lol.
    So you don't like when people insults Muslims, but you insult someone in each of your posts. The irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    So where did you get Muslims with "extreme perceptions" in a thread that is questioning whether the Qur'an is from God?

Your response was to the person who asked "are there any contradictions in the Qur'an?"

So your definition of "hardcore muslims" are those that think the Qur'an is the word of God, is true, etc etc etc,

so when did extreme perceptions come into the discussion?

Look at you trying to justify the islamophobe. Lmao you're funny. Nice try though
    'Islamophobe' - are you trying to shut any criticism now...? You're accusing him of the same thing you're doing.

Yes, taking the Quran 100% literally is extreme - to the limits of extremity actually. Again, this is readily evident so don't make me start a whole debate.

Actually I wasn't cherry picking.

To save people on this thread some time, let me 'cherry-pick' another post by the poster where he attempted to justify his peanut statement.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5#post69338968

He definitely wasn't referring to Muslims with 'extreme perceptions'. He was making personal attacks on the Muslim posters on that thread. That counts as an insult towards Muslims.
    That is not an insult per se - he didn't make a generalised insult towards all Muslims in the thread. He was referring, as above, to those taking the Quran literally all the way through.

Criticism is not an insult where it's based on sound grounds - his views are well known so obviously he needn't develop everything he says again and again.

I suggest you stop trying to curb any point of criticism on the basis of 'islamophobia' and whatnot. It doesn't help anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So you don't like when people insults Muslims, but you insult someone in each of your posts. The irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Care to explain with words or is it too difficult for you?

(Also try to avoid using insults).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)

So you're blaming me for insulting someone who is insulting a particular group of people. Lol just think about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)

You're also comparing me insulting a person vs him insulting Muslims as a whole

lol I can't stop laughing rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    So you're blaming me for insulting someone who is insulting a particular group of people. Lol just think about that.
    Exactly. You can't criticise others for doing something that you also do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Exactly. You can't criticise others for doing something that you also do.
    So when did I insult a whole religion? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    So when did I insult a whole religion? Thanks
    I give up.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you try reading my posts properly. I have not once mentioned islamophobia here. What exactly are you reading?

He never mentioned it was aimed at 'those taking the literally all the through', whatever that means. You're putting words into his mouth.

I suggest you get back and let the boy defend himself. Are you his mum? I'm sure he can handle the pressure and you're not doing him any favors at this moment by making up things.

The fact my posts are getting reporting is just counting as proof against him. He's desperate to hide his real face right now. So much for freedom of speech!
    The final sentence was also referring to the other user I quoted.

No, I'm not. The 'some Muslims' part gives it away. I'm referring to this particular quote and not generally.

Am, considering YOU quoted me first, it's funny you should say that.

No it isn't. He has a right to report your posts. Freedom of speech is convenient I suppose when it serves your purpose, but not when it is being used against you. So much for the right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I give up.
    Don't even know why you commented, some flawed logic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Don't even know why you commented, some flawed logic
    Yeah, my "flawed logic".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You must have a very sheltered life. I've encountered many people that were much ruder than this.
    You expect it from the people whose lives are so bad they have nothing to gain from acting civilised and mature, you don't expect it on a student forum.

ReputationRep:
    Its a simple answer. If the muslim girls do not want to be in mixed sex swimming classes why should they be forced to? It isn't a "special religion privilege" as there are even non religious arguments meaning even non religious parents may want their children in same sex classes. But I guess their is both sides to the argument both very strong

ReputationRep:
    If you want to make a point to him then put it directly in your reply to him. There is no reason whatsoever to refer it to me.
    Only there is. It was a generalised point, notwithstanding that I just repeated his usage of the word.

You're not reading properly again. He never said 'some Muslims'.
    He said 'many Muslims', not ALL Muslims. Me paraphrasing it doesn't change anything.

I quoted the conservation from start to where I left off. Naturally that meant including you. You've already made your 'extreme perceptions' excuse. Now let Plantagenet to defend himself.
    No. I'm sure if he wishes to reply, whatever I'm saying won't stop him.

That's a rather pitiful defense of his attempts to curb criticism of his actions.
    You're not criticising him here. You're insulting him. You haven't given any basis as to whatever you're saying other than 'he has insulted Muslims'.

Can you show me an example which proves I only use freedom of speech when it serves my purpose? It's good and dandy that you can put accusations out there but can you prove those accusations?
    You mocked him for criticising Muslims - focusing on just that without any underlying explanation. Essentially you're trying to humiliate him so he can stop talking.

Easy.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.