Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Swiss win EU case - Muslim girls must swim with boys Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So Asians are more racist, but whites are more unfriendly?
    The younger generation of Asians are generally not racist.

(Original post by Josb)
    How do you know?
    Because it comes across as autistic to sit and talk with zero knowledge of context about why another user should just toughen up and not care about the way she is spoken to, because nobody I have ever encountered IRL has had that sort of robotic mentality.

(Original post by MeYou2Night)
    Youve completely missed the point. This is Switzerland. A liberal European non-muslim country (that stands against gender segregation which is liberal). They arent forcing them - its the rules (supported by the ECHR). Its the same as them having to go to a Maths class with boys. End of

If they dont like it, they should leave Switzerland and move to a country that promotes the very illiberal notion of gender segregation or one that will bow down to their demands.

We do respect freedom of the individual BUT not when it clashes against the long standing culture and how we do things.
    The fact the ECHR has supports those rules is a complete irrelevance, if they are being forced to act a certain way, regardless of whether the intention behind that, it is illiberal by fact of them being coerced.

Most other cultures do assimilate and dont demand that they get special treatment (the Chinese are most likely the best example of this) and guess what? They have never had a problem have they?
    Not relevant. Of course I also respect the rights of Chinese people to partake in European life how they see fit, but it's not for you to shame Muslims for not acting like the Chinese, it's also stupid that you are understanding them as members of racial and religious groups rather than individuals. Not every Chinese person loves the West and not every Muslim is opposed to mixed gender swimming.

This is also why I say that Western citizens found who move abroad should do the same and assimilate to the society in which they have moved - not the other way around. Thats why I have no sympathy with British citizens who get lashings for alcohol in Saudi for example.

I even get angry at friends who refuse to speak any Spanish for example when they go to Spain. I tell them 'Youre in Spain - at least try and speak Spanish and stop expecting them to speak English - it isnt England'
    It's very wrong for the Saudis to whip people for alcohol consumption and whilst if you move to Spain, learning Spanish will improve your own quality of life, I do not at all believe that English people who move to Spain are obligated to learn the language.

ReputationRep:
    Can I see evidence?

Evidence where he insults Muslims and NOT criticises Islam which are two completely different things.
    lol so you're basically telling Muslims how to feel? Okay. Cool story man. And he has so many tweets. I honestly couldn't be bothered. But I see him in every Islam-related thread. Sit your ass down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    The younger generation of Asians are generally not racist.

Because it comes across as autistic to sit and talk with zero knowledge of context about why another user should just toughen up and not care about the way she is spoken to, because nobody I have ever encountered IRL has had that sort of robotic mentality.

The fact the ECHR has supports those rules is a complete irrelevance, if they are being forced to act a certain way, regardless of whether the intention behind that, it is illiberal by fact of them being coerced.

Not relevant. Of course I also respect the rights of Chinese people to partake in European life how they see fit, but it's not for you to shame Muslims for not acting like the Chinese, it's also stupid that you are understanding them as members of racial and religious groups rather than individuals. Not every Chinese person loves the West and not every Muslim is opposed to mixed gender swimming.

It's very wrong for the Saudis to whip people for alcohol consumption and whilst if you move to Spain, learning Spanish will improve your own quality of life, I do not at all believe that English people who move to Spain are obligated to learn the language.

Asians are not more racist than Whites loooooooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Asians are not more racist than Whites loooooooooooooooooooooool
    The old ones are :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    The old ones are :teehee:
    older whites are more racist than older asians lol period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    lol so you're basically telling Muslims how to feel? Okay. Cool story man. And he has so many tweets. I honestly couldn't be bothered. But I see him in every Islam-related thread. Sit your ass down
    No but criticising Islam (which is a set of Ideas) is not insulting Muslims as people. - its not a hate crime, and to be considered one actually devalues real hate crime that must be stamped out of society)

Just like criticising Christianity is not the same things as insulting Christians.

Not to criticise a set of Ideas is intellectually redundant. Example - I believe that the Universe began with a Big Bang billions of years ago. If someone criticises that, thats fine. It wont insult me.

- Taking offence is subjective, if people werent allowed to insult or offend anyone, we would never say anything.

(Original post by zezno)
      Go do something with your life, you seem lonely.
      TSR is full of basement-dwelling white male atheist STEMlords. Don't bother with 'em

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zezno)
      older whites are more racist than older asians lol period
      Nope. The most racist White people are low class Whites from depressed mining areas/coastal towns in general UMC White folk are very liberal and meritocratic.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zezno)
      if you think Asians are more racist than Whites sorry but you're a moron lol.
      I must be some sort of misinformed gori.

ReputationRep:
      No but criticising Islam (which is a set of Ideas) is not insulting Muslims as people. - its not a hate crime, and to be considered one actually devalues real hate crime that must be stamped out of society)

Just like criticising Christianity is not the same things as insulting Christians.

Not to criticise a set of Ideas is intellectually redundant. Example - I believe that the Universe began with a Big Bang billions of years ago. If someone criticises that, thats fine. It wont insult me.

- Taking offence is subjective, if people werent allowed to insult or offend anyone, we would never say anything.
      Their cries of "islamaphobe" have worn thin by now and no longer have the effect they once did. You'd wonder why these people who get so offended can't stop themselves from reading all the threads they claim to hate...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zezno)
      hahahaha now let's see his reply
      My post has been reported.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by I am the storm)
      I can help out with a post. The following is a very brief conversation that took place on another thread. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5#post69332542
      Talk about cherry-picking.

To save the other poster the time, I referred to 'hardcore' Muslims - i.e those with extreme perceptions.

Because this is self-evident, I won't go further in explaining it.
      • Community Assistant
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Slytherin House)
      It's a fair decision if you ask me because they were even given the option to wear burkinis and they still refused. The state can't just carry on granting exception after exception until they're happy otherwise they'd end up turning into an Islamic state.

I agree

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      This is the internet; its unhealthy to react to people who say bad things about you. I'm not saying QE2 was right to attack you, but for your own sake, grow a thicker skin.
      Because you won't grow up to be successful in business or politics if you behave like that😈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      You must have a very sheltered life. I've encountered many people that were much ruder than this.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zezno)
      if you think Asians are more racist than Whites sorry but you're a moron lol.
      So you don't like when people insults Muslims, but you insult someone in each of your posts. The irony.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zezno)
      So where did you get Muslims with "extreme perceptions" in a thread that is questioning whether the Qur'an is from God?

Your response was to the person who asked "are there any contradictions in the Qur'an?"

So your definition of "hardcore muslims" are those that think the Qur'an is the word of God, is true, etc etc etc,

so when did extreme perceptions come into the discussion?

Look at you trying to justify the islamophobe. Lmao you're funny. Nice try though
      'Islamophobe' - are you trying to shut any criticism now...? You're accusing him of the same thing you're doing.

Yes, taking the Quran 100% literally is extreme - to the limits of extremity actually. Again, this is readily evident so don't make me start a whole debate.

(Original post by I am the storm)
      Actually I wasn't cherry picking.

To save people on this thread some time, let me 'cherry-pick' another post by the poster where he attempted to justify his peanut statement.
      https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5#post69338968

He definitely wasn't referring to Muslims with 'extreme perceptions'. He was making personal attacks on the Muslim posters on that thread. That counts as an insult towards Muslims.
      That is not an insult per se - he didn't make a generalised insult towards all Muslims in the thread. He was referring, as above, to those taking the Quran literally all the way through.

Criticism is not an insult where it's based on sound grounds - his views are well known so obviously he needn't develop everything he says again and again.

I suggest you stop trying to curb any point of criticism on the basis of 'islamophobia' and whatnot. It doesn't help anyone.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Josb)
      So you don't like when people insults Muslims, but you insult someone in each of your posts. The irony.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zezno)
      Care to explain with words or is it too difficult for you?

(Also try to avoid using insults).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Josb)
      Care to explain with words or is it too difficult for you?

(Also try to avoid using insults).
      So you're blaming me for insulting someone who is insulting a particular group of people. Lol just think about that.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.