Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

To all those beginning GCSE's, AS and A2 Levels etc... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Dropping Media at AS and picking up Financial Studies AS, to go along Maths, Business Studies and ICT A2s. Also thinking I might do the CSLA (community sports leadership award) as I already have a JSLA(junior one)
    Yay I did JSLA and CSLA. My kids for CSLA were little pikies though, longest 10 hours of my life!!!

ReputationRep:
    Economics,Maths,I.C.T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    A2s in Geog, Econ, Bio, Maths and German + AS Critical thinking.
    Hey Ellie, how is the AS maths going?

ReputationRep:
    A2s in Geog, Econ, Bio, Maths and German + AS Critical thinking.
    You're mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Hey Ellie, how is the AS maths going?
    Really well! I'm finding m1 a bit tricky, but the rest of it's going pretty good. I did a mock earlier this week and scraped an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    You're mad
    Je sais.

ReputationRep:
    Really well! I'm finding m1 a bit tricky, but the rest of it's going pretty good. I did a mock earlier this week and scraped an A!
    Go you!

I found M1 tricky also, hard to get your head around some of the stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Yay I did JSLA and CSLA. My kids for CSLA were little pikies though, longest 10 hours of my life!!!
    I had to referee some yr6 pikies for my JSLA although hopefully I'll get some quiet kids for CSLA. Gotta question though, how do you have so much time to do DoE, CSLA, 100 AS/A2s?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did P1 S1 and M1 in the first year and deffo found M1 the hardest, but I ended up doing better in that than P1? Wierd.

S1 is a piece, but dont slack cos its easy marks, especially when its worth the same as P3!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    I had to referee some yr6 pikies for my JSLA although hopefully I'll get some quiet kids for CSLA. Gotta question though, how do you have so much time to do DoE, CSLA, 100 AS/A2s?
    I just like to keep busy. I don't know how to relax really! This summer I'm cutting myself some slack, but when I'm at school, it's a case of work hard, play hard. I'll rest when I'm dead eh

ReputationRep:
    I just like to keep busy. I don't know how to relax really! This summer I'm cutting myself some slack, but when I'm at school, it's a case of work hard, play hard. I'll rest when I'm dead eh
    Nutta!

ReputationRep:
    AS maths,further maths,physics,economics,governme nt & politics.

ReputationRep:
    AS's in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Law and English Literature hopefully!! All of that is based on me getting a C grade in my GCSE maths come results day and if i don't then i will have to drop a subject so i can retake it i think!! :eek:

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    FINISHED MY A LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!...

(Terrors of univ!!! :eek: ...)

ReputationRep:
    AS in Maths, Chem, Physics, Music, History, General Studies. AS + A2 in English Lit

ReputationRep:
    A2 Math (p3,S1,S2or M2 depends on the choice the school is going to give us,I found M1 pretty hard so hopefully they are going to give us S2 instead)and A2 physics,still thinking about taking As bio,not sure yet

ReputationRep:
    A2s in English Literature, English Language, Government and Politics and Law. Not the best selection I know. I wish I'd took History :mad: ! Although I may have to drop a subject- probably Law- if I don't make the grades, which is highly probable! I wonder if I'll be allowed to take AS History? :confused:

I do think some people are far too clever or just very hard working and possibly both! How many people are going to take an AEA also? I don't know if my school teaches them, probably not because I would have been told by now. I would love to take Eng Lit AEA.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i heard about these awards - would you mind explaining how they work plz ? What do you have to do? Do you have to be good at sport or just willing? Is it fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    AS in Maths, Chem, Physics, Music, History, General Studies. AS + A2 in English Lit
    Whoa! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    Hey, i heard about these awards - would you mind explaining how they work plz ? What do you have to do? Do you have to be good at sport or just willing? Is it fun?
    You don't have to be great at sport, but you need enthusiasm for it at least. CSLA (the one for yrs12-13) involves training, normally in hour lessons, of how to teach children, how to adapt activities for special needs, first aid etc. You'll normally do this with your school. Then, you spend a few weeks in a school etc teaching a class of children sport in small groups 3-4, taking it in turns to lead activites, warm ups, cool downs etc. You'll be moderated by an external examiner on the 5th week, and he/she'll sign your book. Then, you do 10 hours of voluntary work either teaching in a school, helping at a gym, swimming clubs etc etc. Hope that helps a bit, ask me if you've got more q's!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.