Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a year 2 student looking to choose a dissertation subject, and I have found one that sounds very interesting, however there is one component of the project I am unsure of - part of the project is to explore why antibiotics are prescribed differently in the UK.

I have researched this, and have found nothing on the internet explaining any differences in the prescription of antibiotics in the UK. This project seems very interesting and I would like to choose it, however wondered if anybody could possibly shed some light on the subject so I can do some research before committing to the project.

Thanks in advance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You haven't really explained what info you have about this aspect of the project. I think you're assuming that it means that antibiotics are prescribed differently in different parts of the UK but I think it means that you will be looking at how antibiotics are prescribed in the UK compared to other countries. Once that is clarified you may have more luck working out what you will be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You haven't really explained what info you have about this aspect of the project. I think you're assuming that it means that antibiotics are prescribed differently in different parts of the UK but I think it means that you will be looking at how antibiotics are prescribed in the UK compared to other countries. Once that is clarified you may have more luck working out what you will be doing.
    Hi,

I had assumed it meant that the UK prescribe antibiotics differently to other countries, sorry if that had not come across in the earlier post, but upon researching this found it very difficult to find any information regarding any differences, so wondered if anybody on here would be able to specify some so I would have a clearer research point.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Ok so it sounds like you've worked out what the project is about for yourself which is good. I'm confused as to why you can't find info on how other countries prescribe antibiotics and how it differs to how the UK does it. You may also want to chat with the potential supervisor to find out if they have a specific country of interest and what the bigger picture of this project is. That'll help you make more sense of what you will be doing. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.