Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My dad retired last year before i started my course at university and therefore the household income has decreased greatly from what it previously was. However, my dad received a large lump sum when he retired, so my question is is this lump sum supposed to be taken into consideration by student finance? As far as we are aware this money isn't taxable and people with similar circumstances have received the maximum payment from student finance, whilst i am receiving the minimum. The tax office have agreed it shouldn't be taken into consideration as it is not taxable, though SF are telling us it is.
    Any help would be great, thanks!

    Just realised i posted this into the wrong forum -_-
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.