Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any other guys HATE being around guys a lot? Watch

And when I say around, I mean personal space more maybe.

Yesterday I met my Mum and Dad, nothing against him but I always would rather see my mum. I hated sitting next to him on a sofa and then at a table.

I just sat in a cafe and a guy sat on the next table with the cafe having space, I couldn enjoy the meal at all.

And I hate sitting on pc's next to a guy.

It doesn't apply to women, they are so much more calming.

Am I a male misandrist? Or the opposite of gay?

I don't know what it's like for women, is it different because of sex and attraction?

Or do you also feel harassed and less comfortable around guys?

It's just that presence they have, I don't want to be your mate and it's overbearing.

They literally feel like they are an inferior annoyance. I don't understand those guys who love having a male pack, they seem to be guys with brothers mostly, and the most 'chummy' guys have brothers. I never get on with these guys, my best mates have had sisters.

Interestingly, men with (especially older)brothers are more likely gay

I don't know how women feel as I say, but I can imagine why they might feel comfortable around women, I think I have gotten why some women are distrustful of men and hate being too close to them. It's that oppressive presence.

Get fooking ignored on here a lot.

I'm so sick of making thread and getting ignored, I guess I should quit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, for me atleast most of my friends and close friends were girls, so whenever I was with guys even if it is just like sitting next to them for some reason it's awkward. I don't know, maybe its a personal preference but I almost think it might just be something to do with masculinity, like two guys struggle to be comfortable next to each other.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be the same, but I got sick of being around girls because the majority I've known are very ... ukno 'basic' and cliquey and backstabby - guys can definitely be like that but it's not so 'out there' and it's more chill. I definitely prefer to hang around with guys now; but those that don't act like "bros" cause that's just dumb.

(Original post by Sakisaka)
    I'm the same, for me atleast most of my friends and close friends were girls, so whenever I was with guys even if it is just like sitting next to them for some reason it's awkward. I don't know, maybe its a personal preference but I almost think it might just be something to do with masculinity, like two guys struggle to be comfortable next to each other.
    There's guys I really like and women I don't, and on TV I find guys funnier etc, but generally in everyday life it's the presence that is dull and overbearing, I get why women sort of have a superiority and even the more feminist stuff which I would have hated I get, how they feel oppressed by guys presence.

The pack thing never interested me, like I say I think it's a brothers thing. I never would have wanted brothers, and would always choose to see my mum and not my Dad.

ReputationRep:
    Um, I'm a girl but I'm gonna provide my perspective anyway.

Most guys my age I find too immature for my liking, girls are generally more mature (outwardly at least). However, I find I get along with guys more. The majority of girls I've met are really just not at all interested in my topics of interest, whereas guys are, so I have more common ground with guys.

I also find the atmosphere around guys are chill, whereas with women it seems like they're all eyeing each other up as competition, waiting for the perfect time to pounce. Even if it is done subconsciously. I'm not saying there's no competition between men, but they're generally more upfront about it, plus, since I'm a girl, they wouldn't be eyeing me up trying to compete with me or pick out my flaws to put themselves in a better light.

Generally, women gossip too much for my liking, or talk about mundane daily things such as fashion, makeup, guys, celebrities etc. I'm being very general, I understand guys talk could just mainly consist of football and girls (stereotype alert) but I guess if a girl is around then they don't, and so I'm seeing a biased representation?

Either way, that's just my experience and preference.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.