Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i currently study art and design level 3/4 in college and i am hoping to do fashion and business management course at manchester met, however i haven't had much experience within this area? is there any advice people could give me in producing a portfolio and writing a personal statement. what should i include and what skills are they looking for? would be a big help thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizaAnna)
    i currently study art and design level 3/4 in college and i am hoping to do fashion and business management course at manchester met, however i haven't had much experience within this area? is there any advice people could give me in producing a portfolio and writing a personal statement. what should i include and what skills are they looking for? would be a big help thank you!
    We do not actually require a portfolio as part of the application process for the BA (Hons) Fashion Business Management so there is no need to worry about that! :yeah:

From your personal statement we are looking for what it is that interests you about the course and what skills and knowledge you have gained from your current studies, or work experience that is relevant to your course. We also like to hear about your careers aspirations and where you see yourself in the future, and if you have any work experience within the fashion industry I would definitely mention it.

We have some tips for personal statements which you may find useful here.

If you have any more questions please let me know

Rebecca

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.