Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Changing course on results day after accepting unconditional? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've already accepted an Unconditional offer to study Psychology at my chosen uni, but now I'm having second thoughts on my course choice and I don't want to make a decision I regret :confused:
    I'm predicted AAB with BBC at AS and I accepted the unconditional for BBB.

Is there anyway I can change my course? And can I do this through Adjustment on UCAS?

Any help would be much appreciated I'm having kittens about it
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbyreillyxxx)
    Hi all,

I've already accepted an Unconditional offer to study Psychology at my chosen uni, but now I'm having second thoughts on my course choice and I don't want to make a decision I regret :confused:
    I'm predicted AAB with BBC at AS and I accepted the unconditional for BBB.

Is there anyway I can change my course? And can I do this through Adjustment on UCAS?

Any help would be much appreciated I'm having kittens about it
    Does your current firm show as conditional or unconditional on Track?

When did you make the change on Track? You have a grace period in which you can swap your choices by calling UCAS.

Would you like to swap to one of your other offers or to apply elsewhere? You can make changes to your choices with agreement from your universities even after the grace period has passed. Waiting until results day isn't ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Does your current firm show as conditional or unconditional on Track?

When did you make the change on Track? You have a grace period in which you can swap your choices by calling UCAS.

Would you like to swap to one of your other offers or to apply elsewhere? You can make changes to your choices with agreement from your universities even after the grace period has passed. Waiting until results day isn't ideal.
    It shows as Unconditional and I firmed it the beginning of December so the 14 days is over.

I just want to change my course as the bare minimum and perhaps consider other universities as the change would transfer me to a campus that I don't like as much..
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbyreillyxxx)
    It shows as Unconditional and I firmed it the beginning of December so the 14 days is over.

I just want to change my course as the bare minimum and perhaps consider other universities as the change would transfer me to a campus that I don't like as much..
    If you want to swap your firm from the offer you firmed to another choice then that is possible with agreement from all universities involved (so you would contact the university you want as your new firm, if they're willing to honour the offer then contact UCAS and explain the situation and then contact your new firm and your old firm and ask them to confirm their agreement with UCAS). IF you'd like to go to your other original universities for a different subject then again that is possible if they agree.

If you want to swap your current firm to another university that you didn't have in your original 5 choices then wait until February when Extra opens, contact the new firm and ask if they'll consider you, if they agree then contact your current firm and explain that you no longer want to take up your place with them and want to be put into Extra. Once you're in Extra then you can add in your new university as an extra choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.