The Student Room Group

A question for the muslims on tsr

Hi, I am a muslim and I'd just like to ask a question. Basically, some kids in my school are doing this thing where they go to an ATM, put their card in and type their pin, type some weird code and more money comes out than usual while their bank balance remains the same. Some of them have made well over £500 from this. In other words, they are getting loads of money for free. I was thinking of doing it because it does look appealing. However, it is cheating the system and you're not actually working for your money. Could you guys please tell me if this is haram or not.
They're taking money which doesn't belong to them. Don't do it.
Original post by Ibbyyyyy
Hi, I am a muslim and I'd just like to ask a question. Basically, some kids in my school are doing this thing where they go to an ATM, put their card in and type their pin, type some weird code and more money comes out than usual while their bank balance remains the same. Some of them have made well over £500 from this. In other words, they are getting loads of money for free. I was thinking of doing it because it does look appealing. However, it is cheating the system and you're not actually working for your money. Could you guys please tell me if this is haram or not.

I have no idea what 'haram' means, however, I do know that if the money is not coming from their account its coming from the bank. Needless to say that the bank are losing the money and therefore this is theft. Do you know that ATM's have cameras? Every time you make a transaction you are photographed and time stamped. It wont be long before the serious fraud squad will be knocking on your door!
Reply 3
That is illegal for everybody on this planet.
Reply 4
Original post by Le Gallois
I have no idea what 'haram' means, however, I do know that if the money is not coming from their account its coming from the bank. Needless to say that the bank are losing the money and therefore this is theft. Do you know that ATM's have cameras? Every time you make a transaction you are photographed and time stamped. It wont be long before the serious fraud squad will be knocking on your door!

Yeah that's true. They also record every transaction that anyone makes and can easily track you if you've taken out money that you don't have.
Doesn't sound very likely. Have you actually seen this being done (confirmed balances, amounts etc). If not, I would be inclined to call ********.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending