Corbyn: Immigration is not too high

Watch
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Jeremy Corbyn has stated that he doesn’t feel the levels of immigration is to high and stated he hasn’t changed his mind on immigration policy.

While he claimed that Labour was not “wedded to the notion of freedom of movement, Corbyn also noted that he was not proposing new restrictions on the rights for EU members to move to the UK.

Instead, he want to focus on ending foreign workers being exploited under EU employment rules.

Read more on the story here.

What do you make of this? Do you agree with him? Or do you think he is being too vague about Labour's stance?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
What do you make of this? Do you agree with him? Or do you think he is being too vague about Labour's stance?
He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's Eurosceptic, but plenty in momentum are vehemently europhilic.

It does sound like he's trying to placate the hardcore supporters who voted him in (twice) and then attempting not to piss off the general public.

But in doing that, he's sitting on the fence and pleasing nobody.

Great job.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The hysteria around immigration is just ridiculous. There are so many genuine problems facing society at the moment that actually need to be tackled but everything fades into insignificance the moment immigration gets mentioned. People have got to stop being so simple-minded, get over this ridiculous obsession with immigration, and start looking at the bigger picture.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Plagioclase)
The hysteria around immigration is just ridiculous. There are so many genuine problems facing society at the moment that actually need to be tackled but everything fades into insignificance the moment immigration gets mentioned. People have got to stop being so simple-minded, get over this ridiculous obsession with immigration, and start looking at the bigger picture.
A country is its people. Hospitals and schools can be fixed, but if a country is filled with crap people, it will go down the crapper.
SomeGuyHere
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a labour party member, I even voted for Corbyn because of his anti-EU views.

Frankly, between him and people like be bradshaw (
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7472706.html) labour have lost my vote. There MP's are currently just looking for a way to remain through the back-door.
astutehirstute
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why don't you go canvassing for Labour in the north or midlands and shout this through thei voters letterboxes?

Labour is getting it's just deserts for its deliberate policy of opening the nation's borders under Tony Blair.

If you think the Party's core voters didn't notice, and don't still hold it responsible you are deluding yourself.

You reap what you sow.
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
The hysteria around immigration is just ridiculous.
I agree with this, but the rest of your post is frankly just patronising nonsense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.66%
Uncertainty around my education (194)
15.32%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (139)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (180)
14.22%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (56)
4.42%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (71)
5.61%
Loneliness (111)
8.77%
Financial worries (44)
3.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (58)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (58)
4.58%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (112)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (116)
9.16%

Watched Threads