Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So I was offered an unconditional offer from UEA to study Psychology, only if I put it as my firm choice.

On track, I chose it as my firm choice, although it only says it is conditional. When choosing my options I chose an insurance option because I was confused.

Will my UCAS update to say that UEA is unconditional and therefore my insurance option will be removed?

Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inthemorning)
    Hi guys,
    So I was offered an unconditional offer from UEA to study Psychology, only if I put it as my firm choice.

On track, I chose it as my firm choice, although it only says it is conditional. When choosing my options I chose an insurance option because I was confused.

Will my UCAS update to say that UEA is unconditional and therefore my insurance option will be removed?

Thank you!
    Hi inthemorning,

We can't change your offer until you've chosen us as a Firm choice on UCAS. When you choose us we'll receive confirmation overnight from UCAS and we can then change your offer to show as Unconditional. This is then sent back to UCAS who will update UCAS Track - unfortunately the systems can take a little while to update. Sometimes around ten days.

UCAS may ask for your Insurance choice too because it isn't aware we've made an Unconditional offer. You can do that - it's fine - but be aware once we upgrade you your insurance will be irrelevant

In short, no need to worry, it sounds like everything is fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of East Anglia)
    Hi inthemorning,

We can't change your offer until you've chosen us as a Firm choice on UCAS. When you choose us we'll receive confirmation overnight from UCAS and we can then change your offer to show as Unconditional. This is then sent back to UCAS who will update UCAS Track - unfortunately the systems can take a little while to update. Sometimes around ten days.

UCAS may ask for your Insurance choice too because it isn't aware we've made an Unconditional offer. You can do that - it's fine - but be aware once we upgrade you your insurance will be irrelevant

In short, no need to worry, it sounds like everything is fine!
    Do you offer unconditional upgrades to students after an applicant day?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.