Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I currently already hold an FdSc and have just started an MSc... I was wondering can I use any of my MSc modules towards a BSc?

I get very confused with the whole credit and level thing but wondered how it worked?

J

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. How can you do a master degree without an undergraduate degree?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about, Dobby???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agrew)
    I'm confused. How can you do a master degree without an undergraduate degree?
    this is not impossible. It usually requires relevant industry experience and the applicant should probably have to be over, say, 25.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have a FdSc, I haven't topped up to a BSc but I have gone straight into an MSc and got on the course with industry experience. However I was wondering if the modules / credits from an MSc could be also used towards a BSc or if I chose to do a BSc in the future, I would need to do all of the modules.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, you'd be topping up your FdSc instead. Plus the MSc makes a BSc irrelevant so I can't see you being in that situation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I don't think so, you'd be topping up your FdSc instead. Plus the MSc makes a BSc irrelevant so I can't see you being in that situation anyway.
    Okay that make sense, what about if I stepped off before an MSc and finished with a PGDip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastoplast)
    Okay that make sense, what about if I stepped off before an MSc and finished with a PGDip?
    A PGDip is a higher qualification than a BSc, so you wouldn't get any Student Finance for a BSc. Same if you complete the MSc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastoplast)
    The PGDip is still higher than the BSc so it would overrule it, although a PGDip is just a masters minus the dissertation so I'm not sure why you would do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    The PGDip is still higher than the BSc so it would overrule it, although a PGDip is just a masters minus the dissertation so I'm not sure why you would do that.
    Because I think a dissertation would break me. But hey a while to go before we get there yet!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.