Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I currently already hold an FdSc and have just started an MSc... I was wondering can I use any of my MSc modules towards a BSc?

I get very confused with the whole credit and level thing but wondered how it worked?

J

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. How can you do a master degree without an undergraduate degree?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What are you talking about, Dobby???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agrew)
    I'm confused. How can you do a master degree without an undergraduate degree?
    this is not impossible. It usually requires relevant industry experience and the applicant should probably have to be over, say, 25.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have a FdSc, I haven't topped up to a BSc but I have gone straight into an MSc and got on the course with industry experience. However I was wondering if the modules / credits from an MSc could be also used towards a BSc or if I chose to do a BSc in the future, I would need to do all of the modules.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't think so, you'd be topping up your FdSc instead. Plus the MSc makes a BSc irrelevant so I can't see you being in that situation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I don't think so, you'd be topping up your FdSc instead. Plus the MSc makes a BSc irrelevant so I can't see you being in that situation anyway.
    Okay that make sense, what about if I stepped off before an MSc and finished with a PGDip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastoplast)
    Okay that make sense, what about if I stepped off before an MSc and finished with a PGDip?
    A PGDip is a higher qualification than a BSc, so you wouldn't get any Student Finance for a BSc. Same if you complete the MSc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Elastoplast)
    The PGDip is still higher than the BSc so it would overrule it, although a PGDip is just a masters minus the dissertation so I'm not sure why you would do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    The PGDip is still higher than the BSc so it would overrule it, although a PGDip is just a masters minus the dissertation so I'm not sure why you would do that.
    Because I think a dissertation would break me. But hey a while to go before we get there yet!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.