The Student Room Group

MSc towards BSc?

So I currently already hold an FdSc and have just started an MSc... I was wondering can I use any of my MSc modules towards a BSc?

I get very confused with the whole credit and level thing but wondered how it worked?

J
Reply 1
I'm confused. How can you do a master degree without an undergraduate degree?
What are you talking about, Dobby???
Original post by agrew
I'm confused. How can you do a master degree without an undergraduate degree?

this is not impossible. It usually requires relevant industry experience and the applicant should probably have to be over, say, 25.
Okay so I have a FdSc, I haven't topped up to a BSc but I have gone straight into an MSc and got on the course with industry experience. However I was wondering if the modules / credits from an MSc could be also used towards a BSc or if I chose to do a BSc in the future, I would need to do all of the modules.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think so, you'd be topping up your FdSc instead. Plus the MSc makes a BSc irrelevant so I can't see you being in that situation anyway.
Original post by Helloworld_95
I don't think so, you'd be topping up your FdSc instead. Plus the MSc makes a BSc irrelevant so I can't see you being in that situation anyway.

Okay that make sense, what about if I stepped off before an MSc and finished with a PGDip?
Reply 7
Original post by Elastoplast
Okay that make sense, what about if I stepped off before an MSc and finished with a PGDip?

A PGDip is a higher qualification than a BSc, so you wouldn't get any Student Finance for a BSc. Same if you complete the MSc.
Original post by Elastoplast

The PGDip is still higher than the BSc so it would overrule it, although a PGDip is just a masters minus the dissertation so I'm not sure why you would do that.
Original post by Helloworld_95
The PGDip is still higher than the BSc so it would overrule it, although a PGDip is just a masters minus the dissertation so I'm not sure why you would do that.

Because I think a dissertation would break me. But hey a while to go before we get there yet!

Quick Reply

Latest