Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am very depressed and feeling detached Watch

Hi

First of all I am male and 16 years old. I feel mild pressure in my head, it isn't painful but it feels really strange and uncomfortable. I also have extreme brain fog and never have a clear head. I struggle to concentrate and I constantly feel lost and confused. I zone out almost immediately. I also suffer from symptoms of anxiety. I am at 6th form and have no friends in college nor outside of college. I never go out either apart from going to college and I have no hobbies at all. I don't communicate with people either. My home environment is also horrible. What can I do?

Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    have you discovered mindfulness?

ReputationRep:
    i was in a similar situation, then i discovered mindfulness (also 16 rn)
    First few times you practice it you feel sleepy but after time it makes you feel better

You are probably suffering atypical depression btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi

First of all I am male and 16 years old. I feel mild pressure in my head, it isn't painful but it feels really strange and uncomfortable. I also have extreme brain fog and never have a clear head. I struggle to concentrate and I constantly feel lost and confused. I zone out almost immediately. I also suffer from symptoms of anxiety. I am at 6th form and have no friends in college nor outside of college. I never go out either apart from going to college and I have no hobbies at all. I don't communicate with people either. My home environment is also horrible. What can I do?

Thanks for reading
    You should try consulting a counselor/doctor. Have you tried talking to your parents about what you're going through?

(Original post by themightysandu)
    i was in a similar situation, then i discovered mindfulness (also 16 rn)
    First few times you practice it you feel sleepy but after time it makes you feel better

You are probably suffering atypical depression btw
    Thanks for your response. Where can I find out about this?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thanks for reading
    To take the pressure away you could join local clubs.. or find a hobby/talent cos tbh everyone has one. Like you say you don't go out much so you could start doing other things like baking idk.

ReputationRep:
    Mindfulness is a Buddhist technique, (at school we had a Buddhist monk come in to see us, he taught us this to deal with GCSE stress) you take 10-15 minutes out of your day and think of nothing but breathing, it is important to do this everyday because if you take a day out you start feeling less and less and more sleepy. It really helped me. Google could have better answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by sarahyi)
    To take the pressure away you could join local clubs.. or find a hobby/talent cos tbh everyone has one. Like you say you don't go out much so you could start doing other things like baking idk.
    I don't want to though. I dont wanna do anything anymore

(Original post by ggana19)
    You should try consulting a counselor/doctor. Have you tried talking to your parents about what you're going through?
    No I'm not talking to them... how can I talk to a counsellor?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to though. I dont wanna do anything anymore
    Fr Ik it's hard my friend was in the same situation. I said to her if she wants a change, a change is only going to come by her own accord. Her saying she doesn't wanna do anything wasn't gna help the situation

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.