Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Information has been made available regarding Freshers Week at Liverpool University.

This is available here.

Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Nice link. Some of these societies' webpages are a bit empty. I am assuming this is the case as the acedmic year has not yet begun.

Shame to see Liverpool lack in the mens football.

I wonder if I can create a Gaelic football and hurling society...

The question is, how many shall I join lol

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else recieved that letter confirming their course, and what is to happen on results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Has anyone else recieved that letter confirming their course, and what is to happen on results day?
    I got a letter this morning - which worried me for a bit!! Saying about alternative courses should I miss my offer and that I would be guaranteed accommodation. This was however (right at the end of the letter!) no indicication of how my A levels had gone and that they didnt have any A level results yet. Also good luck with the forthcoming exam result and hope that I meet my conditional offer...It also told me where to ring should I miss my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    I got a letter this morning - which worried me for a bit!! Saying about alternative courses should I miss my offer and that I would be guaranteed accommodation. This was however (right at the end of the letter!) no indicication of how my A levels had gone and that they didnt have any A level results yet. Also good luck with the forthcoming exam result and hope that I meet my conditional offer...It also told me where to ring should I miss my offer.
    I haven't got this yet. Didn't think I would receive another letter. Will phone them should I miss my offer. Been following all the advice they gave on the UCAS open day for those who were made an offer to like make Liverpool your affirmative choice rather than insurance will help etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I haven't got this yet. Didn't think I would receive another letter. Will phone them should I miss my offer. Been following all the advice they gave on the UCAS open day for those who were made an offer to like make Liverpool your affirmative choice rather than insurance will help etc.
    I wouldnt worry unduly - it didnt say anything that important. Liverpool is my first choice ( I choose it over Edinburgh, London and Bristol Universities), so should I miss my offer Im hoping that they will still take me! Im hoping to study Veterinary Medicine and the letter offered a lot of courses in the Biological and Medical Sciences should I miss my offer and they were unable to offer me my place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    I wouldnt worry unduly - it didnt say anything that important. Liverpool is my first choice ( I choose it over Edinburgh, London and Bristol Universities), so should I miss my offer Im hoping that they will still take me! Im hoping to study Veterinary Medicine and the letter offered a lot of courses in the Biological and Medical Sciences should I miss my offer and they were unable to offer me my place.
    I don't know that many who choose Liverpool over London and Bristol, guess it depends on your course. I think the higher universities might just take you even if you miss your offer because they choose the ones they want, kind of what Oxford does.

I'm hoping they'd take me too

ReputationRep:
    I got that letter yesterday offering me all the alternatives if I didn't get into dentistry. I was suprised to see Vetinary Medicine as an alternative as thought it required grades higher than Dentistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    I got that letter yesterday offering me all the alternatives if I didn't get into dentistry. I was suprised to see Vetinary Medicine as an alternative as thought it required grades higher than Dentistry.
    It wouldnt have been Veterinary Medicine it would have been Bioveterinary Sciences which is just a BSc (Hons) degree...it was also in my letter. For veterinary medicine those selected had to attend interview and do a written exam...hence it would be difficult to get people through clearing = especially for a course with AAB offers and its level of competitiveness!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the alternative choices they would tell me is politics and history....

ReputationRep:
    I had a letter but it didn't mention alternative choices at all. Just that they are very pleased that they are holding a conditional offer for me, wishing well with exam results, and looking to confirming my place at university. Then said that their staff will be in on 19th and 20th of August to deal with queries.

A flyer came with it giving the opening hours of the lines and the number. Say if you have achieved the offer or exceeded it you're in, if not to phone them basically. They could just put all this information in their prospectus and/or have given these details in previous letters from them.

ReputationRep:
    I had a letter but it didn't mention alternative choices at all. Just that they are very pleased that they are holding a conditional offer for me, wishing well with exam results, and looking to confirming my place at university. Then said that their staff will be in on 19th and 20th of August to deal with queries.

A flyer came with it giving the opening hours of the lines and the number. Say if you have achieved the offer or exceeded it you're in, if not to phone them basically. They could just put all this information in their prospectus and/or have given these details in previous letters from them.
    Yeah, that's what I got. They seem to like sending us stuff. That letter seemed a trifle unnecessary, but I don't mind.....I like getting letters! It's quite sweet the way they address you by your first name. Whenever I got stuff from other Unis such as Exeter, it was always "Dear applicant"

ReputationRep:

Are you applying for dentistry?

Im getting worried now, why did I get alternative choices?

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for dentistry?
    No. I applied for law.

Im getting worried now, why did I get alternative choices?
    Yeah I've wondered that myself.

ReputationRep:
    I got my "Do i need to confirm my place?" letter, just opened it anyway god knows when it came, hopefully won't need it though.

Ta for the Freshers week link Expression, nice to see the forum is still here at least.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.