Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adnand)
    Applied in late Jan to MPhil F&E, currently on Under Consideration by Degree Committee, when should I expect a decision?
    I applied early September and got offer mid Jan. It can be slow. Really it depends on your profile though. If your marks are very high (80+) they should make an offer sooner than later. Generally they are slow though. It's getting really competitive. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dkey12)
    Nah just Econ one, what about you?
    Got offer for f&e in Jan. A couple people got fast Econ offers in December. One guy in under 4 weeks. What kind of profile do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCRsilver)
    Got offer for f&e in Jan. A couple people got fast Econ offers in December. One guy in under 4 weeks. What kind of profile do you have?
    UK university BSc Economics and Management
    73 in my first year
    85 in my second year
    1st expected in my third year
    Lucky they are then!!!
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    UK university BSc Economics and Management
    73 in my first year
    85 in my second year
    1st expected in my third year
    Lucky they are then!!!
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
    Strong profile for sure. I know camb do look closely at quant syllabus/scores and how far into econometrics a candidate has gone. Mainly cause the mphils are all math based and the econometrics sequences are tough. I'm surprised otherwise they didn't make you an offer with your performance. Hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    I applied early September and got offer mid Jan. It can be slow. Really it depends on your profile though. If your marks are very high (80+) they should make an offer sooner than later. Generally they are slow though. It's getting really competitive. Best of luck!
    Thanks! I'm looking at 75% for final year with all 70+ including econometrics. Lets see how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Strong profile for sure. I know camb do look closely at quant syllabus/scores and how far into econometrics a candidate has gone. Mainly cause the mphils are all math based and the econometrics sequences are tough. I'm surprised otherwise they didn't make you an offer with your performance. Hang in there.

Well, I got Econometrics Mathematics

First year 85 94

Second year 93 100

I guess I'm not that bad at math stuff!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from MPhil Finance recently? What are your profiles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midlandeast)
    Yeah thats right. My F & E app is 'Under Consideration by Degree Committee'. I think the eco faculty review apps differently to JBS, so we should hear from them this month or next.
    Have you got any update about F & E application? Do you know anyone who have got update?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got Econometrics Mathematics

First year 85 94

Second year 93 100

I guess I'm not that bad at math stuff!

Thanks

Starting to think they mixed my offer up with yours ... :-)

ReputationRep:
    Starting to think they mixed my offer up with yours ... :-)
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about this? I've just recieved my conditional offer and have a requirement of 80% in the third year?
    Hi!

I recently also got a similar conditional offer. Did you happen to ask what would happen if you missed the condition slightly? How strict are they on these conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobrainking)
    Hi!

I recently also got a similar conditional offer. Did you happen to ask what would happen if you missed the condition slightly? How strict are they on these conditions?
    Congrats! What's your profile?

I've not asked but I did read somewhere that if you miss it then the board assesses your application and what grades you actually got, and then make a decision. No idea how leniant they are though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobrainking)
    Hi!

Really?
    I thought they're just gonna say like get 70+. I'm scared now. 😅
    Should start working harder haha!!

ReputationRep:
    My status was just updated to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd00187)
    My status was just updated to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' )
    Congrats!! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    The 23rd of Jan

ReputationRep:
    The 23rd of Jan
    Nice! That was pretty quick. Mind sharing your profile? 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adnand)
    Nice! That was pretty quick. Mind sharing your profile? 🙂
    BSc in Economics from top 10 UK uni
    83% in first year
    83% in second year
    Year-long internship in asset management
    No GRE

ReputationRep:
    BSc in Economics from top 10 UK uni
    83% in first year
    83% in second year
    Year-long internship in asset management
    No GRE
    Congrats, is this for Finance or F&E?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, is this for Finance or F&E?
    Thank you. F&E. A friend got in earlier in mid-Jan and his profile was much stronger than mine. Fingers crossed I get the offer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.