Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I should be revising for my uni exams but I've just lost all motivation
    Ask me anything
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    How do you expect to do well in your exams if you have this attitude and you seem to be rather proud about it as well lmao. That being said, who am I to judge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I should be revising for my uni exams but I've just lost all motivation
    Ask me anything
    I know we don't speak a lot but I have noticed you a lot and you seem to have completely changed. What happened? I understand this course isn't for you but try and do something productive.By productive I don't mean study for the exam but you could do that, Have you decided what you are going to do next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    I know we don't speak a lot but I have noticed you a lot and you seem to have completely changed. What happened? I understand this course isn't for you but try and do something productive.By productive I don't mean study for the exam but you could do that, Have you decided what you are going to do next year?
    Hello there thanks for replying and yh I know what you mean about being productive but I'm just rather lost and depressed about everything so it's hard to get motivation to do anything let alone go and study ; In terms of whether I've changed I certainly have and I think it's a build up of emotion really as I was trying to stay positive before hoping things would still be alright but now the realisation of the reality of the situation is kicking in I guess and also the fact uni starts up again is making me more annoyed and I just keep wanting to distance myself from anything related to it to make me feel better
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do next year but I understand applying for another course via clearing may be the route I take but not sure ; the idea of just getting a job and working full or part time quite appeals too along with perhaps doing something abroad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    How do you expect to do well in your exams if you have this attitude and you seem to be rather proud about it as well lmao. That being said, who am I to judge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't expect to well that's the thing ; hence I've just rather reached the point of complete avoidance of anything work related to make me less stressed ; how has your day been internet person ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello there thanks for replying and yh I know what you mean about being productive but I'm just rather lost and depressed about everything so it's hard to get motivation to do anything let alone go and study ; In terms of whether I've changed I certainly have and I think it's a build up of emotion really as I was trying to stay positive before hoping things would still be alright but now the realisation of the reality of the situation is kicking in I guess and also the fact uni starts up again is making me more annoyed and I just keep wanting to distance myself from anything related to it to make me feel better
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do next year but I understand applying for another course via clearing may be the route I take but not sure ; the idea of just getting a job and working full or part time quite appeals too along with perhaps doing something abroad
    Yep, founds a lot like how I felt last year. I am kind of grateful though because after the experience you feel much better and have more reasons as to doing stuff. You can private message me if you would like as you seem smart . I noticed one of your threads about teaching and that is something I am considering too . If you don't mind me asking what course and uni? I think your course is maths?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect to well that's the thing ; hence I've just rather reached the point of complete avoidance of anything work related to make me less stressed ; how has your day been internet person ?
    Thanks for asking. Sorry for coming across as a bit aggressive. I am sure you can do very well if you just put in the effort and believe in yourself. I know it sounds cliche but you must believe to achieve. Why don't you expect to do well? Figure out the flaw and fix it rather than giving up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When do you think you'll escape from TSR for today?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh and my day has been great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have fun regretting it...I'll pray for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Yep, founds a lot like how I felt last year. I am kind of grateful though because after the experience you feel much better and have more reasons as to doing stuff. You can private message me if you would like as you seem smart . I noticed one of your threads about teaching and that is something I am considering too . If you don't mind me asking what course and uni? I think your course is maths?
    Yh I am considering teaching but I'm not sure really cause you need a 2:1 and I don't think I'm gonna get that :/ I am doing maths yes ; I'll pm what uni I'm at cause I'm worried people on my course might see these threads and figure out who I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    Thanks for asking. Sorry for coming across as a bit aggressive. I am sure you can do very well if you just put in the effort and believe in yourself. I know it sounds cliche but you must believe to achieve. Why don't you expect to do well? Figure out the flaw and fix it rather than giving up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha no worries no offence taken ; I don't expect to do well cause I have little interest in the content ; it's so boring and pointless and also one of the exams imo is just impossible cause it's pretty much all prooving things and I dunno how I'm meant to prove things that we haven't learnt the proofs for and then the other side of it is definitions and it just pisses me off sitting there spending hours trying to memorise these things I don't understand :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Have fun regretting it...I'll pray for you
    Hahah I'm regretting it already but I just idk I just can't find motivation from anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    When do you think you'll escape from TSR for today?
    Not sure ; flicking between this and watching documentaries on YouTube. I'm currently watching one about this Chinese gymnastics school where these kids as young as 4 go to live and study and they give them intensive training in the hope they'll become Olympic champions...

ReputationRep:
    Lol at these people stating the obvious. Can't you tell she isn't the right mind set? You telling her she will regret it etc won't help her (facepalm)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Would you like us to help you revise within this thread? Best of both worlds
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hahah I'm regretting it already but I just idk I just can't find motivation from anywhere
    I had an exam today, it wasn't until yesterday i decided to do proper revision:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Lol at these people stating the obvious. Can't you tell she isn't the right mind set? You telling her she will regret it etc won't help her (facepalm)
    Yh exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Would you like us to help you revise within this thread? Best of both worlds
    lol if you're any good at prooving things to do with countable and uncountable infinite sets
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    lol if you're any good at prooving things to do with countable and uncountable infinite sets
    Suppose that S1, S2, ... ⊂ T are disjoint countable sets.

Then S = S i Si is a countable set.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.