The Student Room Group

i am being bullied at school

I am being bullied by certain guys in my year. There are two lessons where I have to sit with two boys beside me. They always shout out hurtful things and tease me in front of the whole class . I'm afraid to tell ky teachers because right now they think I'm really clever and if I do tell them it will be embarassimg and they might think I'm dumb so ppl bully me and they might lose their respect for me . I don't know how to put a stop to it . I'm quiet so I cant speak up for myself . I don't want to tell a teacher bc they will they think I'm dumb and cant stand up for myself . They might also just think that I'm one of those weird strange students that get bullied . How do I stop it and will teachers actually think that if I said it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by randomgirl995
I'm afraid to tell ky teachers because right now they think I'm really clever and if I do tell them it will be embarassimg and they might think I'm dumb

no teachers don't think that way at all. being bullied does not make a person dumb.
it happens to everyone, tell someone otherwise it will continue!
stand up for your self
idek what to say because its embarrassing and they could lose my respect for me because right now they think I'm so nice and clever and I don't even
know what to say because its embarrassing

I
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yungaheartz
no teachers don't think that way at all. being bullied does not make a person dumb.
it happens to everyone, tell someone otherwise it will continue!

What do i even say its embarrassing I don't even
Reply 5
I am being bullied by certain guys in my year. There are two lessons where I have to sit with two boys beside me. They always shout out hurtful things and tease me in front of the whole class . I'm afraid to tell ky teachers because right now they think I'm really clever and if I do tell them it will be embarassimg and they might think I'm dumb so ppl bully me and they might lose their respect for me . I don't know how to put a stop to it . I'm quiet so I cant speak up for myself . I don't want to tell a teacher bc they will they think I'm dumb and cant stand up for myself . They might also just think that I'm one of those weird strange students that get bullied . How do I stop it and will teachers actually think that if I said it

It is a sad reality that bullying occurs in schools, and teachers are aware of this. However, they can only act if they know it is happening and I would strongly advise you to speak to either your teachers, form tutor or student services (or whatever it is called at your school). While you may find it embarrassing, there is really no reason to feel this way as it's not your fault, and it's really important that you get it sorted out so that you can not feel worried to go to school. Schools deal with this type of problems more than you might think and are often very good at dealing with it. Although, it's probably best to speak to your school, you might want to talk to someone such as Childline as they can really help and are very good. Speaking to your parents or a good friend may also help you but I would really start where the problem is...at school. Remember, don't keep it to yourself...there's always someone you can speak to.
What do i even say its embarrassing I don't even

say "i'm being bullied"

that should be enough

they will enquire who it is and have your back... well a good teacher would

i was bullied badly at school - and i was a huge guy so imagine how embarrassing that should have been for me - but gotta admire how well i was looked after by the teachers, they really looked out for me. dunno if teachers are like that anymore
Tell them to go **** themselves!
(edited 7 years ago)
It stopped the day i stood up and punched the biggest of them so bad that i was rusticated for a week ... ~

Ahh good ol' times~

Don't give in to adversity... your response can be different to mine... Just find your own 'punch'

Assuming you are a guy here are my tips and advice:

I know it is difficult being bullied by a couple of guys but try and identify the main one. Why is it that they are bullying you? Once you have identified the main bully, try and identify their weakness. Everyone has a weakness. Once you have found their weakness, try confronting them and ask them why they think what they are doing is okay.

Once you have done this, ignore them for a few days. If the problem continues then try reporting it to a teacher in confidence. A lot of teachers do help, forget senior management - they are useless. Now at least you have the confidence that you have confronted them and told your teacher. By the way, this does NOT make you a snitch. You are a VICTIM of a hurtful crime.

If this fails and the bullies still find it cool, then go for the last resort - FIGHT BACK HARD! Get some of your friends as back up. Plan this out very carefully. Get a gym membership and really workout. Take up some form of martial arts or boxing. Gain confidence and then go up to the main bully - yes there is almost always one main bully and let him know that all this BS is over! Tell him that you have no right to be treated like that and that if he/she thinks they can do it and get away with it - that they have to think twice!

I don't like resorting to violence, but it is my last option. Why should I or you have to accept being bullied you know
Original post by yunglife
Assuming you are a guy here are my tips and advice:

I know it is difficult being bullied by a couple of guys but try and identify the main one. Why is it that they are bullying you? Once you have identified the main bully, try and identify their weakness. Everyone has a weakness. Once you have found their weakness, try confronting them and ask them why they think what they are doing is okay.

Once you have done this, ignore them for a few days. If the problem continues then try reporting it to a teacher in confidence. A lot of teachers do help, forget senior management - they are useless. Now at least you have the confidence that you have confronted them and told your teacher. By the way, this does NOT make you a snitch. You are a VICTIM of a hurtful crime.

If this fails and the bullies still find it cool, then go for the last resort - FIGHT BACK HARD! Get some of your friends as back up. Plan this out very carefully. Get a gym membership and really workout. Take up some form of martial arts or boxing. Gain confidence and then go up to the main bully - yes there is almost always one main bully and let him know that all this BS is over! Tell him that you have no right to be treated like that and that if he/she thinks they can do it and get away with it - that they have to think twice!

I don't like resorting to violence, but it is my last option. Why should I or you have to accept being bullied you know
when do I go to the teacher and what do I say. I don't want to say I'm bullied its still emabrassing is there anything else I could say
Original post by Anonymous
say "i'm being bullied"

that should be enough

they will enquire who it is and have your back... well a good teacher would

i was bullied badly at school - and i was a huge guy so imagine how embarrassing that should have been for me - but gotta admire how well i was looked after by the teachers, they really looked out for me. dunno if teachers are like that anymore

my teachers are all sweet and his so all they. Will so is just say " okay ill talk to them or she will move me " either way it will still carry on because she will say it nicely. Also I don't wanna say I'm being bullied is there anything else I cam say and when do I go to say it . Also everytime I do address bullying I can't help it no matter what I do I just start crying 😢
when do I go to the teacher and what do I say. I don't want to say I'm bullied its still emabrassing is there anything else I could say

You go to the teacher when you feel like nothing can be done by you to resolve the problem. I know what it is like as I was once in a similar situation to you. You don't really want to tell your parents or siblings in case they worry about you or what not. All I can say is to try and take a civil approach first. Speaking to a teacher can help - especially one that really likes you as a student. Mate, there is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. Just because you are being bullied DOES NOT MAKE YOU WEAK!

What about people who get mugged on the streets, wives who get domestically abused? Are they embarrassed for not speaking up? Of course, not - that is why they report it to the police - who in turn make a public appeal and give these victims some form of justice.

Seriously mate, if I was your best friend I would knock them out cold - but I would have at least consulted with the teacher first. It is your life - NOT THEIRS
You go to the teacher when you feel like nothing can be done by you to resolve the problem. I know what it is like as I was once in a similar situation to you. You don't really want to tell your parents or siblings in case they worry about you or what not. All I can say is to try and take a civil approach first. Speaking to a teacher can help - especially one that really likes you as a student. Mate, there is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. Just because you are being bullied DOES NOT MAKE YOU WEAK!

What about people who get mugged on the streets, wives who get domestically abused? Are they embarrassed for not speaking up? Of course, not - that is why they report it to the police - who in turn make a public appeal and give these victims some form of justice.

Seriously mate, if I was your best friend I would knock them out cold - but I would have at least consulted with the teacher first. It is your life - NOT THEIRS
what do I say I don't wanna say I'm being bullied.

You are just going to have to admit it and tell them what is really going on. What is the point of hiding it? By hiding it, the teachers won't know and no the teachers will not discriminate against you
You are just going to have to admit it and tell them what is really going on. What is the point of hiding it? By hiding it, the teachers won't know and no the teachers will not discriminate against you

What do I say though . Shall I just say that the boys keep saying tings to me and making fun of me , but then again it's embarrassing and I can't say it without crying
Original post by macromicro
Teachers are adults and their priority is the well-being of their pupils;

Exactly.

Original post by macromicro

they will not think less of you, and they will sort this out immediately.

Ehhhhh not so much.

You have nothing to lose by doing this. Just say it.

The worst thing you can do is keep it to yourself and allow it to continue.
I have been bullied in school but ik it's hard but you have to tell a teacher or any member of staff that you trust and they can help you with this, I'm sorry to hear that you are being bullied, it's not a nice experience I hope it gets better for you soon!
:h:
:hugs:
Original post by Wilfred Little
You have nothing to lose by doing this. Just say it.

The worst thing you can do is keep it to yourself and allow it to continue.
something
Can I not say something like they keep making fun of me t and saying something to me

s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending