Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A ''guy friend'''s meaning Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have this friend who's in a few of my classes, none of which I sit by him anymore. We started talking just like best friends almost a year ago (this is when I used to sit next to him in a seating plan) but we got moved to the opposite sides of the room. We have weird nicknames we call each other and his friends know about the nicknames and we've been using them about a year ago. I usually 'talk' to him everyday but that's probably for at least 3 seconds and when I see him in a corridors we say the nicknames but him and I are always with our friends. He always teases me and I tease him back his friends also tease me too. We never text or message each other on social media and I don't want to make the first move.All of a sudden when we talk we make eye contact and then he always looks down and then makes eye contact with me again or looks at my face, what's the meaning of all this?

ReputationRep:
    ok guy friend means a guy that is ur friend someone you trust, and you can tell them everything about u
    this guy i think likes u

AND SOMETIMES GUYS LIKE IT WHEN A GIRL MAKES THE FIRST MOVE
    just saying

ReputationRep:
    If you're waiting for him to make the first move, oh girl, you will have to wait a lot.

ReputationRep:
    You're never gonna know unless you ask him or make a move.

God why do people always expect everyone else to make the first move, if you like someone then why on earth would you waste your time waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agrew)
    If you're waiting for him to make the first move, oh girl, you will have to wait a lot.
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    You're never gonna know unless you ask him or make a move.

God why do people always expect everyone else to make the first move, if you like someone then why on earth would you waste your time waiting.

ik i did that and my bf asked me out after 3 years he is now my ex but its all good

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.