Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by J.annax)
    Just wondering, what are the chances of forgetting cheating, like from kissing someone to having sex when drunk? I have anxiety and since I went on a night out with my friends I was scared the next day that I had cheated on my boyfriend who I love and wouldn't dream about doing that to. I remember a lot of the night from getting there to going home and I don't remember cheating but my brain keeps battling me and I'm saying to myself 'what if you had sex and don't remember' are there chances I would forget doing this?
    Usually you would remember doing something like that even if very drunk.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    From what I learned from watching The Jeremy Kyle Show, you must have known you did something to say "I don't remember".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    From what I learned from watching The Jeremy Kyle Show, you must have known you did something to say "I don't remember".
    Well, considering a guy kissed me on the head and wished me a happy new year and be I cried claiming I had cheated and text my boyfriend crying, I'm not too sure. I have 0 recollection of cheating at all, like no memory.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering a guy kissed me on the head and wished me a happy new year and be I cried claiming I had cheated and text my boyfriend crying, I'm not too sure. I have 0 recollection of cheating at all, like no memory.
    Could be a guilty conscience. I don't think any person would think to themselves "What if I did cheat?" if they didn't really cheat.

I've always remembered at least one aspect of the night, even when I was very intoxicated...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Could be a guilty conscience. I don't think any person would think to themselves "What if I did cheat?" if they didn't really cheat.

I've always remembered at least one aspect of the night, even when I was very intoxicated...
    So if I had cheated I would remember at least one aspect of it? That's what you're telling me?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So if I had cheated I would remember at least one aspect of it? That's what you're telling me?
    If you did cheat you would remember, but you need to stop overthinking it now. I don't know what happened that night but you can't act worried in front of your boyfriend thinking you did something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    If you did cheat you would remember, but you need to stop overthinking it now. I don't know what happened that night but you can't act worried in front of your boyfriend thinking you did something.
    I suppose. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    An identical thread came up just a few days ago.

If you are drinking so much you aren't remembering or think you might not be remembering what you've done, you need to cut back.

"Cheat" is a vague word but it seems likely if you had full intercourse with someone that there would be some memory of part of that or some evidence that it happened.

The main thing is that you are drinking to the point of feeling out of control and anxious about your actions. That's a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, what are the chances of forgetting cheating, like from kissing someone to having sex when drunk? I have anxiety and since I went on a night out with my friends I was scared the next day that I had cheated on my boyfriend who I love and wouldn't dream about doing that to. I remember a lot of the night from getting there to going home and I don't remember cheating but my brain keeps battling me and I'm saying to myself 'what if you had sex and don't remember' are there chances I would forget doing this?
    You need to see a GP. I highly doubt you cheated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranktheYank)
    An identical thread came up just a few days ago.

If you are drinking so much you aren't remembering or think you might not be remembering what you've done, you need to cut back.

"Cheat" is a vague word but it seems likely if you had full intercourse with someone that there would be some memory of part of that or some evidence that it happened.

The main thing is that you are drinking to the point of feeling out of control and anxious about your actions. That's a problem.
    This is the thing, and it may sound weird, but people assume I wasn't in control of my own actions but I do remember boys making passes at me and me saying I have a boyfriend. I have been drunker than I was and I know that, I wouldn't reguard not in control of my own actions. My problem is the anxiety tossing the thought of me possibly having sex in a club (there was no where really to go to be honest) and it's been tormenting me and I'm wondering if there's any way I would forget completely.

ReputationRep:
    Then no, probably you didn't forget if your memory of the majority of the night is intacted.

Anxiety can cause unreasonable concerns to feel urgent and real.

Get some help for anxiety.

You didn't cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranktheYank)
    Then no, probably you didn't forget if your memory of the majority of the night is intacted.

Anxiety can cause unreasonable concerns to feel urgent and real.

Get some help for anxiety.

You didn't cheat.
    No worries I will be doing. Thanks very much!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.