Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma6235)
    I'm the same Hun. I know I have got a few wrong. Some I found really easy and others I felt like I was sitting a chemistry exam !!!
    yeah, like the indicator question did u put lime water ???/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLL4ever)
    Does any one know what the grade boundaries are, I got 90/120 on a mock exam and was wondering what grade that would be. Thanks x
    I'd probably say it is an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we able to predict what might come up in Friday's exam after that? I really need to do well in that one now but I'm not hopeful x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so i thought the exams really was fair today and all but that worries me that the paper on Friday will come hard, if anyone has any tips, advice revision notes or anything please share! also, for the calculation for sulfur dioxide what was the answer? i think i may have messed it up..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpplz0844)
    Hey, so i thought the exams really was fair today and all but that worries me that the paper on Friday will come hard, if anyone has any tips, advice revision notes or anything please share! also, for the calculation for sulfur dioxide what was the answer? i think i may have messed it up..

Sames! I know I got that wrong. For paper 2, look at the syllabus and all the points written in bold only come up in paper 2, so revising them is the best idea. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenapplepear)
    yeah, like the indicator question did u put lime water ???/
    Green apple - I did put limewater hunny - only cause I looked over it the day before - thankfully I did !! The calculation questions are what I found hardest. I have all things like viruses in bold on the syllabus - anyone have anything different ? Xx

ReputationRep:
    guys what did u write for 2 values of age when growth is highest?
    and what did u guys label in the fetus?
    what did u write for the lung cancer and smoking question?
    what did you write for the reason for the difference in sulfur emissions?
    what did u write for methods to prevent transmission of conjunctivitis?
    plz help

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a copy of the syllabus as I'm kinda teaching myself! Can anyone let me know what's in bold? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma6235)
    Green apple - I did put limewater hunny - only cause I looked over it the day before - thankfully I did !! The calculation questions are what I found hardest. I have all things like viruses in bold on the syllabus - anyone have anything different ? Xx
    Oh ok. I think bold means it's in only in paper 2 because that's the way the other IGCSE edexcel sciences' syllabus are set out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinister6807)
    guys what did u write for 2 values of age when growth is highest?
    and what did u guys label in the fetus?
    what did u write for the lung cancer and smoking question?
    what did you write for the reason for the difference in sulfur emissions?
    what did u write for methods to prevent transmission of conjunctivitis ?

plz help
    in the lung cancer question you should write " tar"
    the fetus question u should label the amniotic fluid
    the prevention of conjunctivitis i wrote wear glasses and introduce vaccinations programmes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexis_sanchez)
    in the lung cancer question you should write " tar"
    the fetus question u should label the amniotic fluid
    the prevention of conjunctivitis i wrote wear glasses and introduce vaccinations programmes
    It should be antibiotic because bacteria is involved.
    And labelling was maybe Amnion, as it was stated " prevents entry of pathogen"

ReputationRep:
    (180000/2000000)x100 = 9% ,
    Was this the right answer?! Correct me if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This time they didn't have 5,6 mark questions in paper 1.So that means we are gonna get some some 8 mark questions I hope 🤞.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eucalyptus)
    (180000/2000000)x100 = 9% ,
    Was this the right answer?! Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I got 5.9% . Oh god this is bad 😖😖😖😖

ReputationRep:
    In the IVF question, what did you guys write for the use of LH in stage 2 ? I wrote , to stimulate the ovary to release a matured egg to the Fallopian tube.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely know that I left out the marking of the diagram. I didn't see it. Overall there were quite a few competitive questions. I feel like my revision was a waste of time, a geography lesson would have sufficed.

ReputationRep:
    hey, what did u guys write for the last question which was about what had happened to the faulty gene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie_gang24)
    hey, what did u guys write for the last question which was about what had happened to the faulty gene?
    I wrote that there is a error in the sequence. What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandipeiris)
    I wrote that there is a error in the sequence. What did you write?
    i wrote that there was a mutation and some bases were deleted, but i am not sure about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandipeiris)
    I got 5.9% . Oh god this is bad 😖😖😖😖
    I think I read the question wrong as I put 99% thinking I had to give the overall percentage of sulfur 😲 so bad really not looking forward to paper 2 xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.