Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxylemons)
    i did the same but just added and repeat for reliability
    You might be right and obtain full mark in this I don't know but just missed to drop lines on reliability

ReputationRep:
    that's right you got a control; i dont know if for third mark you might have to say repeat?
    (Original post by Khazard)
    I'm assuming the third mark would be by mentioning compare the results or something of that nature
    Honestly tis question and the one asking about 2 values of ages were confusing and wasnt explained properly. Didnt know what to write, so since they told to show how there is a relation and to make sure its valid and reliable, i just included 3 groups and 1 control for comparison to show that lung cancer is more likely when smoking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khazard)
    I'm assuming the third mark would be by mentioning compare the results or something of that nature
    1 mark for counting the smoker with lung cancer
    1for using control and another is for compare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandipeiris)
    I got 5.9% . Oh god this is bad 😖😖😖😖
    It was 5.9% though 😉 . Either that or we along with the smartest kids i know got it wrong 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai Brake)
    It was 5.9% though 😉 . Either that or we along with the smartest kids i know got it wrong 😢
    let us hope for the best. THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION THOUGH 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    How was today's paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightly_edited)
    How was today's paper?

I thought it was actually OK, although I am really scared that I missed the 8 mark question? There wasn't one right?? ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightly_edited)
    How was today's paper?
    But what were the answers for water loss while exercising and the last question about cell division?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was increase increase apparently it's wrong idk?
    Cell growth/ normal cells
    (Original post by Kai Brake)
    But what were the answers for water loss while exercising and the last question about cell division?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was increase increase apparently it's wrong idk?
    Cell growth/ normal cells
    Why is increase increase wrong? Even i wrote that.
    Guys what was the reason for the slight increase in glucose level after 3.5hrs?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for sharing your ideas guys !!!! Fingers crossed for results 😁😁😁😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinister6807)
    Increase increase shouldn't be wrong.
    The slight glucose increase might have been selective reabsorption in the kidney, where glucose is moved back to blood.

ReputationRep:
    Today's paper was as awesome as you are which isn't a very big thing.

ReputationRep:
    Sudden exercise/ movement ( ididnt get)
    Get some marks for saying glucogen is secreted from pancreas glucogen --> glucose

ReputationRep:
    If it's exercise, that would be wrong because wouldnt adrenaline be the hormone that stimulates liver cells to convert Glycogen to Glucose:/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiddzWHk)
    If it's exercise, that would be wrong because wouldnt adrenaline be the hormone that stimulates liver cells to convert Glycogen to Glucose:/.
    nope its glucagon

ReputationRep:
    I wrote water exhaled during exercise is less as ATP is broken down to ADP using Water to release energy... Wondering whether it is right or wrong!! Am i the only one who's thinking too deep?

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe Glucogen and Adrenaline. Well I know that isn't completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    there can be multiple answers but the most likely one is the negative feedback loop , insulin starts decreasing the amount if glucose but reaches a high level therefore there is a dip ,then glucagon is secreted to make levels constant and then insulin is secreted again , this is kinda proven cuz there was no dip in the diabetic persons graph as no insulin is produced therefore no negative feedback loop

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I hope all of your exams went really well. For me, both papers combined, it was average as I have tons of confusion. Paper 2 went great, I could answer all the questions, though I guess the first answer was wrong and sudden drop in glucose level was partially wrong. I'll consider I am going to lose 5 marks.

On paper 1 though,
    -I drew the lime water diagram with pencil (is that a problem?) and I did not cover the long tube with lime water. (2 marks)
    -Then there is the prevention of spread of conjunctivitis which I got wrong. (2 marks)
    -I got really nervous and literally forgot function of LH, and instead of writing thickening of wall in functions of oestrogen and progesterone I wrote strengthening. (4 marks)
    -I guess I lost at least 2 marks, though I wrote everything everybody else wrote on the Lung cancer data comparison question and emphysema effects on body. (2 marks)
    -I don't think I made a mistake in MCQ but lets consider I lost 2 marks. (2 marks)
    -Capsule function wrong (1 mark)
    -Labeling amnion/amniotic fluid for prevention of infection in fetus (I forgot if I labelled or not) (2 marks)
    -In the last question, I didn't mention mutation, but wrote bases change places, which forms a new genetic code, that codes for a different protein. (1 mark)
    -In the question where you have to state which parts of eye focuses light, I did not write cornea or lens but wrote W and Z (which are the cornea and lens). (2 marks)
    -Lets deduct partial marks for obesity, validity and other questions though I don't think I got them wrong. (8 marks)

That is an estimated loss of 31 marks, which really upsets me as I wanted to get all A*. Can you guys recall any other question that was difficult? Do you think grade boundary will be over 150 this year for A*? Did you find this exam easier than others? (I found it more challenging).

Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.