Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I was on the phone the other day with Student Finance because I filled in my initial application in wrongly (I'm such an idiot). I had put down the wrong Tuition amount, so instead of counting the fees of the two modules I only counted one, so the amount is £2746 or whatnot which is half of what it should be.

Ok so they told me to download and print off this Change of Circumstances form so I do that and it says I need someone from the uni to fill out one of the pages for me...how am I supposed to get open uni to do this for me? Well I phoned up Student Finance again today and they assured me there is somewhere on the website where I can edit the tuition fee amount, when I told them I can't see it anywhere they said I should just phone up open uni and they will sort it out for me...

I have serious phone anxiety and I'm worried they are just going to keep sending me in circles I'll phone them up tomorrow if I can muster up the courage. I don't know why they can't just edit my mistake for me. gah..

Has anyone else had this problem and can give me some advice? I feel as though I've left this all too late, I should've contacted them earlier but I'm a bloody idiot.

Also, does anyone know where on the student finance website I can supposedly edit my applied tuition amount?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iggie Smalls)
    Hello

I was on the phone the other day with Student Finance because I filled in my initial application in wrongly (I'm such an idiot). I had put down the wrong Tuition amount, so instead of counting the fees of the two modules I only counted one, so the amount is £2746 or whatnot which is half of what it should be.

Ok so they told me to download and print off this Change of Circumstances form so I do that and it says I need someone from the uni to fill out one of the pages for me...how am I supposed to get open uni to do this for me? Well I phoned up Student Finance again today and they assured me there is somewhere on the website where I can edit the tuition fee amount, when I told them I can't see it anywhere they said I should just phone up open uni and they will sort it out for me...

I have serious phone anxiety and I'm worried they are just going to keep sending me in circles I'll phone them up tomorrow if I can muster up the courage. I don't know why they can't just edit my mistake for me. gah..

Has anyone else had this problem and can give me some advice? I feel as though I've left this all too late, I should've contacted them earlier but I'm a bloody idiot.

Also, does anyone know where on the student finance website I can supposedly edit my applied tuition amount?

Thanks
    The OU will have a student services office you can send the form to for completion - get in touch with them (via Student Home or on the phone).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The OU will have a student services office you can send the form to for completion - get in touch with them (via Student Home or on the phone).
    Just logged into student home and it says they cancelled my course for this year but I can apply for October one... I reserved it in October last year... only I could be so flaming stupid to let this happen in so annoyed with myself right now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.