Turn on thread page Beta

Change of Circumstances form and Open Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I was on the phone the other day with Student Finance because I filled in my initial application in wrongly (I'm such an idiot). I had put down the wrong Tuition amount, so instead of counting the fees of the two modules I only counted one, so the amount is £2746 or whatnot which is half of what it should be.

Ok so they told me to download and print off this Change of Circumstances form so I do that and it says I need someone from the uni to fill out one of the pages for me...how am I supposed to get open uni to do this for me? Well I phoned up Student Finance again today and they assured me there is somewhere on the website where I can edit the tuition fee amount, when I told them I can't see it anywhere they said I should just phone up open uni and they will sort it out for me...

I have serious phone anxiety and I'm worried they are just going to keep sending me in circles I'll phone them up tomorrow if I can muster up the courage. I don't know why they can't just edit my mistake for me. gah..

Has anyone else had this problem and can give me some advice? I feel as though I've left this all too late, I should've contacted them earlier but I'm a bloody idiot.

Also, does anyone know where on the student finance website I can supposedly edit my applied tuition amount?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Iggie Smalls)
    Hello

I was on the phone the other day with Student Finance because I filled in my initial application in wrongly (I'm such an idiot). I had put down the wrong Tuition amount, so instead of counting the fees of the two modules I only counted one, so the amount is £2746 or whatnot which is half of what it should be.

Ok so they told me to download and print off this Change of Circumstances form so I do that and it says I need someone from the uni to fill out one of the pages for me...how am I supposed to get open uni to do this for me? Well I phoned up Student Finance again today and they assured me there is somewhere on the website where I can edit the tuition fee amount, when I told them I can't see it anywhere they said I should just phone up open uni and they will sort it out for me...

I have serious phone anxiety and I'm worried they are just going to keep sending me in circles I'll phone them up tomorrow if I can muster up the courage. I don't know why they can't just edit my mistake for me. gah..

Has anyone else had this problem and can give me some advice? I feel as though I've left this all too late, I should've contacted them earlier but I'm a bloody idiot.

Also, does anyone know where on the student finance website I can supposedly edit my applied tuition amount?

Thanks
    The OU will have a student services office you can send the form to for completion - get in touch with them (via Student Home or on the phone).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The OU will have a student services office you can send the form to for completion - get in touch with them (via Student Home or on the phone).
    Just logged into student home and it says they cancelled my course for this year but I can apply for October one... I reserved it in October last year... only I could be so flaming stupid to let this happen in so annoyed with myself right now

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.