Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is anyone here with santander? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been with santander for a few years now and I realised that every few months they always cancel my card temporarily until I call them to discuss some transactions with them.

does this happen to anyone else?
    its getting really annoying and inconvient at times.. can I tell them to stop this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'd complain. That seems really strange and annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my student account with them and nothing happens and I always have abnormal amounts of money going in and out every so often. Are the transactions you're discussing quite large/does the account come with a spending cap that you're just going over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unaManzana)
    I've been with santander for a few years now and I realised that every few months they always cancel my card temporarily until I call them to discuss some transactions with them.

does this happen to anyone else?
    its getting really annoying and inconvient at times.. can I tell them to stop this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its part of their fraud protection system, large and/or irregular payments (particularly to small businesses) tend to get flagged. I've had it a couple of times over the last couple of years.

If you enable text alerts you should get warned straight away and then it is quick and easy just to call or text back to confirm the transactions.

At the end of the day it is there for your benefit - it can be very difficult to get money back if there has been fraudulent activity on your debit card (if at all)! I personally have no issues with them flagging a transaction every couple of months versus losing £100s if not £1000s of pounds while my bank sits back and does nothing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.