Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My Daughter is starting a Nursing Degree but we are confused as to what financial help she can apply for.. Can you give us some guidance?
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team

    The Government have recently announced that from 2017/18 AY new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional (AHP) courses will no longer receive bursary funding from the NHS and will instead receive regular SFE support in the same manner as students studying non-NHS courses.

    This means they will be eligible for tuition fees(TF) of up to £9250, plus any additional TF increases and the full means tested maintenance loan. They will also be able to apply for Disabled Students Allowance and Grants for Dependents.

    Please be assured that students will be able to borrow as much as they need to pay for their tuition fees up to a maximum of £9250.
    • although we appreciate that students are now liable for tuition fees when they weren’t before it may be useful to note that NHS students will now receive 25% more in maintenance finance than they did previously.



students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.