Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to Biochemistry but I'm a bit worried about a few aspects of it. One thing is that I've read that there aren't a load of jobs for Biochem graduates besides just being workers in labs for most of their lives in relatively low paying jobs. Also when i've mentioned I'm thinking of applying for Biochem some people immediately think I'm just a reject from Medicine, Is this the common view that most people think that anyone doing Biochem just got rejected from Medicine?
    Any help would be appreciated just not really sure what other courses aside from Biochem i could do which wouldn't have the exact same problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tmac99)
    I'm thinking of applying to Biochemistry but I'm a bit worried about a few aspects of it. One thing is that I've read that there aren't a load of jobs for Biochem graduates besides just being workers in labs for most of their lives in relatively low paying jobs. Also when i've mentioned I'm thinking of applying for Biochem some people immediately think I'm just a reject from Medicine, Is this the common view that most people think that anyone doing Biochem just got rejected from Medicine?
    Any help would be appreciated just not really sure what other courses aside from Biochem i could do which wouldn't have the exact same problems
    I wouldn't say it makes you appear to be a medicine reject. I have applied to a biochemistry course as a backup for a NatSci course. And two of my teachers have biochemistry degrees that they did because it was that that interested them.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.