Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently I got an offer from Nottingham for Computer Science.
    I'm currently studying A level Mathematics alongside a BTEC Extended diploma in IT. However my offer did not take the A level Math into account and instead said I have to get a "D*D*D*".
    Due to my performance last year the maximum grade I can achieve on the BTEC is D*D*D, (one grade lower than the offer).
    I am quite worried about this. I wish my A level Maths was considered ? If I achieve a D*D*D along with a grade (say) C or B at A level will I still be accepted?
    It surprises me that they didn't mention this in the offer.
    I've made an enquiry via email more than a week ago now and have not heard anything back, should I still even be considering Nottingham?
    I'm nervous about this since this university was my favorite out of the 5 choices.
    Now it might be impossible for me to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom__)
    Recently I got an offer from Nottingham for Computer Science.
    I'm currently studying A level Mathematics alongside a BTEC Extended diploma in IT. However my offer did not take the A level Math into account and instead said I have to get a "D*D*D*".
    Due to my performance last year the maximum grade I can achieve on the BTEC is D*D*D, (one grade lower than the offer).
    I am quite worried about this. I wish my A level Maths was considered ? If I achieve a D*D*D along with a grade (say) C or B at A level will I still be accepted?
    It surprises me that they didn't mention this in the offer.
    I've made an enquiry via email more than a week ago now and have not heard anything back, should I still even be considering Nottingham?
    I'm nervous about this since this university was my favorite out of the 5 choices.
    Now it might be impossible for me to get in
    Hiya,

I would persist with your enquiry as it will make you feel less worried and allow you to make a decision. Lots of unis will take you if you miss the offer by one grade however your problem is slightly different as it's to do with your predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletPhillippo)
    Hiya,

I would persist with your enquiry as it will make you feel less worried and allow you to make a decision. Lots of unis will take you if you miss the offer by one grade however your problem is slightly different as it's to do with your predictions.
    Thanks, I do hope that they respond soon, I'm going to a visit day next month so I might be able to ask them when I'm there.. but I probably won't since I'm too awkward. Oh well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom__)
    Thanks, I do hope that they respond soon, I'm going to a visit day next month so I might be able to ask them when I'm there.. but I probably won't since I'm too awkward. Oh well..
    Oh that'll be a really good opportunity to ask as you should be able to get a straight answer. Try and ask as you'll feel so much better.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll try

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing CS at Notts and missed my offer by two grades, also unless you're college predicted you something you can't achieve they know that you're predicted lower than their offer but still made an offer. We only got back from the christmas holidays this week and we're right in the middle of exam season so their response time will be slower. Don't worry too much, it's probably just unusual that someone is doing a BTEC and an A-level

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.