The Student Room Group

I am i eligible

Hi, I am applying for student finance as I am starting University next year, however I don't have a British passport, but I do have a visa with an 'Indefinite leave to enter', and I've been told that through this I am eligible for the same type of funding as other students, can someone confirm this for me please???
Original post by GACACIA
Hi, I am applying for student finance as I am starting University next year, however I don't have a British passport, but I do have a visa with an 'Indefinite leave to enter', and I've been told that through this I am eligible for the same type of funding as other students, can someone confirm this for me please???

The categories of people eligible for Student Support in England are on the UKCISA website here: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Government-Student-Support#layer-3942
Hi

Normally you must be living in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course and either:

Have been living in the UK for the three years immediately before this date and have ‘settled status’ in the UK (meaning you can live permanently in the UK without the Home Office placing any restrictions on how long you can stay)*

Meet the requirements of one of the other UK residency categories listed in the appropriate Regulations (for example, you are a refugee living in the UK).

* If you have been given the Right of Residence, you are eligible to apply for support as a home student part way through your course.

If you have taken a course of higher education in the past, this may affect you eligibility for student finance.

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi

Normally you must be living in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course and either:

Have been living in the UK for the three years immediately before this date and have ‘settled status’ in the UK (meaning you can live permanently in the UK without the Home Office placing any restrictions on how long you can stay)*

Meet the requirements of one of the other UK residency categories listed in the appropriate Regulations (for example, you are a refugee living in the UK).

* If you have been given the Right of Residence, you are eligible to apply for support as a home student part way through your course.

If you have taken a course of higher education in the past, this may affect you eligibility for student finance.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply, I've been in the UK since I was 7, I haven't taken any courses of higher education in the past, and I have a 'settled status', i.e indefinite leave to enter
Hi

Based on this information, you would be eligible for funding. You can apply online at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest