Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have absolutely everything but I'm depressed. What can I do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The base unit of human existence is suffering I am afraid. No amount of luxury can negate that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaoticbutterfly)
    the base unit of human existence is suffering i am afraid. No amount of luxury can negate that
    i love you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    i love you !
    Love can not even stop suffering. It is often the cause of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Love can not even stop suffering. It is often the cause of it
    I was just exaggerating I don't love anyone and I wouldn't care if you are you to die tomorrow

Spoiler:
    Show

and here comes the suffering

(Original post by Glassapple)
    I have all the money, clothes, food, gadgets, intellect/great grades, looks, sex partners and everything else I could possibly want, but I'm depressed. I do have a lot of underlying, personal issues.

Nothing helps; meds don't work (and have never, despite taking different meds in different amounts), private counselling hasn't achieved anything (in my opinion), I exercise everyday, have a great diet and I have no idea what to do. I'm an outgoing and confident person all the time, I'm excellent in group and one to one social interactions, etc. I'm always depressed inside; I want to scream and cry as hard as I can (which I often do), and when I'm on my own I feel so lonely, sad, bitter and miserable.

Sometimes I have someone hug me in bed while I thrash about, crying and screaming, telling me that everything is okay, trying to make me feel better. I have so many thoughts rushing through my head every second of the day regardless of what I'm doing. I feel isolated, that nobody understands, and that I have a 'great life' so I have no right to be depressed. Maybe if I met someone who understood it might help, but I have never met anyone like that before. I don't know where to go from here.
    Can I ask how long has this been going on for? For over a year, I had severe mental health problems. Private counselling didn't help me, in fact, it only made me feel more hopeless. I felt similar to how you feel now. However, I kept trying, and I recently started taking antidepressants and now I am slowly recovering. Different antidepressants affect people differently, so it's about finding the drug and dosage that suits you best. Also, antidepressants can take a while to work (up to six weeks), so have you tried waiting for them to have an effect?

(Original post by Glassapple)
    I have all the money, clothes, food, gadgets, intellect/great grades, looks, sex partners and everything else I could possibly want, but I'm depressed. I do have a lot of underlying, personal issues.

Nothing helps; meds don't work (and have never, despite taking different meds in different amounts), private counselling hasn't achieved anything (in my opinion), I exercise everyday, have a great diet and I have no idea what to do. I'm an outgoing and confident person all the time, I'm excellent in group and one to one social interactions, etc. I'm always depressed inside; I want to scream and cry as hard as I can (which I often do), and when I'm on my own I feel so lonely, sad, bitter and miserable.

Sometimes I have someone hug me in bed while I thrash about, crying and screaming, telling me that everything is okay, trying to make me feel better. I have so many thoughts rushing through my head every second of the day regardless of what I'm doing. I feel isolated, that nobody understands, and that I have a 'great life' so I have no right to be depressed. Maybe if I met someone who understood it might help, but I have never met anyone like that before. I don't know where to go from here.
    If it makes you feel better I have no looks, no money, and no intellect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.