Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am with MoreThanSmartWheels and have a black box. I live far away from my college and commute daily so use quite a lot of miles. I have used 5,000 miles in about 5 months. On the app it says I'm nearly out of miles. I rang and the lady quoted me £800.00 for another 4,000 miles. Thats nearly as much as my initial policy. I really can't afford that. Does anyone know what may happen if I didn't top up miles and just went over? My brother did this and nothing came about of it after. Does anyone have any experiences like this?
    Thanks TB.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobias_123)
    So I am with MoreThanSmartWheels and have a black box. I live far away from my college and commute daily so use quite a lot of miles. I have used 5,000 miles in about 5 months. On the app it says I'm nearly out of miles. I rang and the lady quoted me £800.00 for another 4,000 miles. Thats nearly as much as my initial policy. I really can't afford that. Does anyone know what may happen if I didn't top up miles and just went over? My brother did this and nothing came about of it after. Does anyone have any experiences like this?
    Thanks TB.
    They'd probably cancel the policy; why do you think it's so cheap? By limiting the mileage, you are less of a risk to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobias_123)
    Thanks TB.
    they can and WILL cancel the policy, and you will be screwed. Morethan are anal, they sent me warnings twice for going 10mph over the limit, and issued me like 4 letters when I was getting close to the mile limit.

If you cant afford non box insurance then cancel the policy yourself, and start another policy again when they return your remaining money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.