Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Poland, but I've been living and going to school in the UK for over ten years. I've decided that I really want to apply to the Jagiellonian University, as it's where my mum went, and it is literally a half hour walk from where I used to live, and where my grandmother lives now.

I've been filling out my application for the last few days, and all has been fine, but I've run into a massive problem.

I'm taking my A-level exams this year. Results day is on the 17th of August. My last exam is on the 29th of June.

The university requires me to have completed my secondary education (sixth form) and received all my certificated before I start applying. These also need to be legalised, recognised by the Polish government and translated into Polish by a sworn translator.

The application slot for my course is from the 23rd of May to the 18th of June. I won't even be halfway through my exams then.

The website states that the university will not even look at predicted grades.

It's a bit of a stupid question because I know there's probably no solution, but I'm desperate. Is there any way I can do this without having to wait another year?????

I'm waiting for my mum to find some free time so she can help me write to the university, since I can't write in Polish very well.

Please help.
    • Very Important Poster

Cant really see the need other than to wait for your mum and then ring or e-mail the uni to see how they deal with international students.

If you cant write in Polish very well, hen is the course taught in English? Why not just ring them?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.