Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that would be rape.

Consider this scenario:

You want to borrow my car. I say no. When I'm not looking, you take it anyway. Initially I'm mad about it and try to stop you, but afterwards I change my mind. "Fine, just take it."

Technically, you committed car theft. However, considering I felt differently about it afterwards, I'm not going to report it. In this case, there is a philosophical argument to be had over whether or not you should be punished as the crime was forgiven by the victim. Regardless, you did steal my car!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Yes, there can be false claims and I also see it's quite easy to do so. There have been cases and even if not prosecuted they can be sued for defamation of character.

There were some groups of men who were requesting changes in the law around sexual assault to protect those who are the victims of false accusations.
    Best thing to do at the moment is to record on video but I know in some countries like Spain even video will not work.

ReputationRep:
    What if she thinks just before the penetration occurs that she wants him to stick it in but she does not communicate that to him?

ReputationRep:
    Christ, if that's not rape I don't know what it is. Initiating sex while the other person clearly indicates lack of consent and physically fights back. Person A's lack of anger is irrelevant, and person B is a degenerate psycho who should not be in a relationship with anyone..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recont)
    Best thing to do at the moment is to record on video but I know in some countries like Spain even video will not work.
    This reminds me of the 'spoken like a true virgin' phrase used above in that it's so unrealistic. Let us imagine for a second that some woman wants to have sex with you - it could happen - but later decides that she's going to risk a charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice and report you for rape.

Let's imagine that the police believe her enough to question you. You're going to say that the sex was consensual, and you will be asked why you believed that.

You're going to have an answer to that - 'she put the condom on me and asked me to **** her', for example. That'd be more than enough for a reasonable belief in consent, sufficient as a defence even if mistaken.

'Oh, I filmed it all - I didn't ask her..' on the other hand will lead to a very interesting conversation with them and probable voyeurism charges.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    What if she thinks just before the penetration occurs that she wants him to stick it in but she does not communicate that to him?
    Not applicable to this example, but in that case because it was in fact consensual, it cannot be rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Wow look at how hard you're trying and still making an absolute tit out of yourself hahaha. You can even form coherent arguments.

The fact you've even resorted to editing quotes to try and fit your argument is pathetic. I said that that hypothetically speaking, sleeping with your drunk partner could technically be considered rape.

And you haven't actually countered any of the points. All you keep saying is "hurr duur changing the goalposts" and ad-homien attacks (poor ones at that).

"Again, you failed hard. It's funny how you call me a 'rapey f***' even though you think having sex with a heavily drunk person who didn't take the alcohol voluntarily is okay? LMAO".

Did you even attempt to proof read this you incoherent mess?

Please show me where I said having sex with a heavily drunk person who didn't take alcohol voluntarily is okay? Nice attempt at a strawman though, clearly clutching at straws lel.

"Further, they identified that capacity to consent may evaporate well before a complainant becomes unconscious".

Don't worry about my partner though. Judging by your use of "you failed hard" and "LMAO" after every line thinking you're edgy then I can only assume you're still a virgin :lol: a creepy one that apparently has the Sexual Offences Act memorized for whatever perverse reason :rofl::rofl:
    kek. i edited zero quotes.

also, you call me 'sexually experienced but a rapey ****'. when did i say i memorised the Sexual Offences Act... proof? you're the biggest hypocrite in town.

i countered ur trashy points then pointed out how fallacious there was but i love how you haven't really countered mine either so nice one.

i say LMAO on the internet a lot - it's just a habit, there's no need to get triggered by it.

ReputationRep:
    Spoken like a true virgin.

Sorry, maybe that's a lil harsh. Sexually inexperienced youngster who doesn't hasn't had any experience of sex outwith what he's seen in movies? Gheez no wonder you're so angsty :mmm:
    because movie sex scenes make you angsty. notice how you went to another thread to pull a post for a pretty ded ad hominem attack expecting to have some gr8 banter.

how does any of what i said have to do with 'sex in movies'.

i didn't expect you to be so triggered that you'd go searching through my post history LMAO.

ReputationRep:
    Lol if you think your friend asking you out for coffee is innocent then my lord you are naive.
    triggered like a true member of the alt-right.

nice condescension seeing as you're the one that seems well versed in romance movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    In my experience......
    You didn't really address any of the points that I had raised but its understandable. You can't justify this sexism. Its so clearly wrong.

Anyway, we've exhausted this argument. There is nothing else we can gain from it. Think about what I wrote and think about the consequences of justifying sexism in rape and the effects that this will have on the victims and on society. This might help sway you.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that it's rape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    This reminds me of the 'spoken like a true virgin' phrase used above in that it's so unrealistic. Let us imagine for a second that some woman wants to have sex with you - it could happen - but later decides that she's going to risk a charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice and report you for rape.

Let's imagine that the police believe her enough to question you. You're going to say that the sex was consensual, and you will be asked why you believed that.

You're going to have an answer to that - 'she put the condom on me and asked me to **** her', for example. That'd be more than enough for a reasonable belief in consent, sufficient as a defence even if mistaken.

'Oh, I filmed it all - I didn't ask her..' on the other hand will lead to a very interesting conversation with them and probable voyeurism charges.
    Don't think so. Obviously video is not going to go on the internet or so thus no harm, just plain evidence.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    Anyway, we've exhausted this argument. There is nothing else we can gain from it. Think about what I wrote and think about the consequences of justifying sexism in rape and the effects that this will have on the victims and on society. This might help sway you.
    I have thought about what you wrote and you're still completely wrong. If it suits your victimhood to pretend otherwise, I can't help you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recont)
    Don't think so. Obviously video is not going to go on the internet or so thus no harm, just plain evidence.
    Pop into a police station, tell them you've recorded sex without the consent of everyone involved and let us know what happens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.